help jst skipped entire section of exam (2 Viewers)

Two Sections or Three Sections?

• Two

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • Three

Votes: 146 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChelseaMiller

HSC
Uni Grad
Omg if what's been said is true I feel slightly better about how I went in exams. Still wished I had another 20 minutes to finish creative writing but meh, it's all good :)

Rawf

HSC
..... the last one... We weren't supposed to put in an extra 0 somewhere were we?
No. I alternated lmao some of mine left the first box empty and some of them the last box empty.
I asked one of the supervisors and he said it didn't matter.

Btany

HSC
Don't worry !!! My friend did that too completely ran out of time and didn't do a creative, which is normally where she gets her best marks..... but she just got over and is last min studying her ass off for tomorrow!!!

zeciro

HSC
They only take the best 2 UNITS of english. So if you do advanced and extention, and your advanced marks are better than extention, they wont take your extention marks into account. The whole paper is out of 45, and the entire exam for english is out of 105.
What if your extension mark is better than one of your other 2 unit subjects that's not english?

micwes12

HSC
Then they'll count your extension mark. They take your best 2 units of english, and then your 8 best units - so if extension english is in those 8 then it will count. And all three sections of paper 1 count. My teacher is a senior marker and he never said anything about only 2 sections counting - and trust me, all my school cares about is the band sixes, if that was true they would have told us to just focus on two sections.

ghruei

HSC
just a question about getting HSC marks back. With the 2 English papers do you get only one mark out of 100, or do you see the ?/60 and ?/40 ??

enoilgam

HSC
just a question about getting HSC marks back. With the 2 English papers do you get only one mark out of 100, or do you see the ?/60 and ?/40 ??
One mark out of 100, you dont see the individual breakdown unless you pay to get your raw marks.

mike12345678

HSC
honestly all these people trolling about doing 2/3 sections its just stupid. and now its just obvious with the amount of threads discussing it

nansourian

HSC
1) why would they tell you to spend 40 minutes on each section if youre only supposed to do 2 sections (that would mean an hour each section)
2) why would they tell you to give up a booklet even if you didnt attempt a question
3)what in the world would make you think you can choose which ones you can do.
i dont know where you guys go to school but what youve been told is completely wrong

Shadowless

HSC
So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TWO'?

^

EDIT:

Just to clear things up I'm talking about PAPER 1 not 2 and yes people who only did their 'best two' are fucked.

Last edited:

freeeeee

HSC
Re: So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TW

Dude 99% of people did... 1% of people just dont get informed properly...

tomp1612

HSC
Re: So How Many Ppl Actually Attempted All THREE Sections and Not Just Their 'Best TW

i finished the exam with 5 minutes to go

ali-fc

HSC

i finished exam with about 10 mins to go and i just over my essay and found a few grammar mistakes and fixed them up :)

mike12345678

HSC

same here 5 minutes left and i just organised all my booklets with my number and stuff.

to OP, everybody is trolling you. there lying. or theyve been misinformed. either way the BOS will make and grade you on all three sections so dont worry

Rawf

HSC

Why the heck is everyone thinking its only the best 2?.... that's just stupid.

HSC
Uni Grad

I don't understand how people, after 13 years or so of education still can't finish exams and after two hours, write 5 pages in total for all three sections which is equilivent to my section one. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THOSE TWO HOURS!?!
But I guess everyone is different, I finished with three minutes to go.

enoilgam

HSC

I don't understand how people, after 13 years or so of education still can't finish exams and after two hours, write 5 pages in total for all three sections which is equilivent to my section one. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN THOSE TWO HOURS!?!
But I guess everyone is different, I finished with three minutes to go.
To be honest, not all people have the same priorities when it comes to education. Combine this with the fact that quite a few in this catagory dont have much in the way of natural ability and you have the situation where they really have nothing to say beyond 5 total pages. My uncle used to be a HSC supervisor and in some of the schools he went to, people would write their name, scribble for 10 or 15 minutes and then go to sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)