Help Julio Claudians Notes (1 Viewer)

geegee567

HSC
hi everyone,

ok so im one of those not very organised people, but i have trials coming up so im trying to pull my notes together for julio claudians but there is seriously so much info and so much stuff we need to no. has anyone cum up with a system of compiling all the info into organised sections that make sense? Can someone please explain how to organise this part of ancient history?

im desperate. lol.

thank you to whoever responds

gee
xx
:)

princesskt

HSC
I needs help with this bit too :( It's an alright topic, but just so much info ay. Let's become email buddies :D lol and help each other :D

smurfygirl

HSC
N/A
Are you doing a Julio - Claudian personality too? (Agrippina II?) There is a lot of cross over between the two and your could cut some notes/study that way.

It's probably easiest to organise your notes by theme: Senate/Admin, Army/Foreign policy, significant individuals etc. That way, even if your asked about individual princeps, you should be able to answer thematically anyway.

princesskt

HSC
Yep. we're doing Agrippina II its great with the cross overs but it still is complicated :( I needs help :( lol

atreus

HSC
best way to organise notes is to do under the syllabus headings/dot points because the essay question will usually be one dot point with a directive in front. e.g. last yr it was explain why there were 4 emperors in the yr of the 4 emperors; and assess one emperor's policies.

also, you will have to discuss (most of the time) changes throughout the julio-claudian dynasty, so it would be best to divide each dot point into each emperors- tiberius, gaius, etc. this allows for u to compare each emperors' domestic policy, provincial policy, relations with freedmen, etc. and will set u up for a question where u have to show how the empire changed or developed.

also, u'll have heaps of overlap, with a lot of evidence being used for each emperor in different sections. e.g. religious policy with nero would have a lot of common evidence/points with changing image of the princeps.
so its not so much that u have a lot of info, just the same info, and u need to know how to manipulate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)