Help!!- keuyboard problems!!!! (1 Viewer)

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I knocked my glass onto the keyboard today and spilt stuff over it.So i got tissue to wipe stuff up. While doing so iaccidentally pressed some keys and stuff popped up on the screen but mainly the windows button etc etc, nothing a big deal.....(i didn't switch the comp off or unplug n e thing,i just left the whole thing on).....

Thing is now the keys seem all strange, ie.:

when i press the letter "t" it comes up as "rt", when i press the letter "y" it comes up "uy" and some other keuys similarluy,also "tab" doesn'rt work, instead it shows up as "q" wif a big space. Muy left "shift" key won't work at all and rthe "windows" key the same......however some orther keys are normal. Whenever i write stuff for ppl to undersrtand i havrta re-read and edit wat i wrote (like rthis).

RThis is soooo fusrtraurting, should i rtruy re-insrtalling rthe keuyboard? (it doesn'rt have an insrtallartion disc).....I'm sure irt wasn'rt b'cos of the water split on it..........

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can be sure its because of the water split on it.

If you're getting such erratic behaviour after spilling liquid on a keyboard, and you've let it dry and its still like that, get a new keyboard.

Reinstalling probably won't help at all, but you don't need the installation disk unless you have some fancy keyboard - Windows will recognise it on reboot.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
ooo, thnz sunny......LOOK!!! LOOK!!!! ITS GETTING BETTER!!!!!
OMG,ITS WORKING AGAIN !!!!! t t ttttttt yyyyyyy
WOOOHOOOO, woah, so u think it was cos of the drink?......wow, i wonder how it got thru into the keyboard but.........cos it went into the tray but not under the actual inside of keys..........i cant believe u read all that,thnx sooo much, so u think its dried upnow?....cos its working again.......i hope
thnx again

fatmuscle

HSC
give ur keyboard weekly cleaning

after getting sticky stuff on it, you'll be amazed how much crap gets caught in there

santaslayer

HSC
did the glass break?.......if it did, then maybe particles have been left under the keys of ur keyboard...and when u press one key, the glass under it starts pressing other keys?
do u know what i mean?

Merforga

Its actually the undried liquid crossing between the circuit tracks in the keyboard so it shorts the circuit and makes all sorts of weird things happen. Didn't you ever learn electronics?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by fatmuscle
water can't get into my keyboard?!?!

it's plastic coated.
true that, but i dare you to unleash the garden hose on it >=D

fatmuscle

HSC
well, that would be DUM

unless of course you cling-wrap your keyboard fully

I guess only wireless people can do that :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)