Help Legal Help! (1 Viewer)

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Hey, Uh What Do You Think Of This My Legal Studies Teacher Bloody Lost The Freakin Yr 11 Yearly, A Day Before The Examination Meaning That We Need To Study For A Whole New Exam So Iam Not Very Happy @ All. But If You Guys Wanna Help And You Do Legal Can U Answer These To Questions?

- How Does Domestic Law Protect The Rights Of Individuals
- What Are The Difficulties When Individuals Try To Challenge The Power Of The State?

SeftonIsAHole

HSC
Why does it matter if your teacher lost the exam? you need to know the whole of preliminary regardless.
hmm you get told the questions before the exam? o_o

bella4edward

HSC
lol we just had our legal examm

but we had to write about the informal and formal means of challenging the state power =)

not that other question lol

it was easy though

and now im totally brain washed =)

HMF said:
Hey, Uh What Do You Think Of This My Legal Studies Teacher Bloody Lost The Freakin Yr 11 Yearly, A Day Before The Examination Meaning That We Need To Study For A Whole New Exam So Iam Not Very Happy @ All. But If You Guys Wanna Help And You Do Legal Can U Answer These To Questions?

- What Are The Difficulties When Individuals Try To Challenge The Power Of The State?

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
SeftonIsAHole said:
Why does it matter if your teacher lost the exam? you need to know the whole of preliminary regardless.
hmm you get told the questions before the exam? o_o
no, we get these hint sheets, just for this exam becoz they lost the examination, most of the stuff i know its just those two questions.

TurkStyle

HSC
how much of the preliminary legal studies is important for year 12??

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
HMF said:
no, we get these hint sheets, just for this exam becoz they lost the examination, most of the stuff i know its just those two questions.
your teacher gives you hint sheets!? If she continues to do this, tell her to stop, you will never learn proper exam study technique.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
TurkStyle said:
how much of the preliminary legal studies is important for year 12??
A bit, particularly for 'law and society', but other then that not too much. It's like any other subject though, you need to fully understand those basic concepts to excel in the year 12 course (unless you have an amazing memory)

agua.fuego

HSC
Difficulties with individuals challenging the state is that the state has more power and more money than the individual. They can therefore get the best lawyers and ultimately win the case, as well as actually having the funding to take the matter to court which most people just don't have. Also as it's been said, the government can choose what you access, what you don't... they get the best access though, because they rule the country.

The domestic law one - rights of individuals are protected via the law, and duties of individuals that the government and society imposes. Duties are always enforced in order to give a right:
Right to be safe in any place - Duty of care to others in society.

They kind of tie together, really...

Sorry, just checked the date, this might be late... hope not, anyway...

Good luck with it all.

jellybelly59

HSC
HMF said:

1. Not too sure about this but Australia ratifies treaties from the united nations and when it's "ratified", the law has to be implemented in all law making and bodies subordinate to the government in power. The main law Australia has ratified regarding the rights of the individual is the universal decleration of human rights which basically covers all the rights of a human so denying an individual their rights is considered 'unlawful' and so there are sanctions to breaking the law :D. Not sure if i answered your question but i hope i did.
2. Time, Cost, Language Barrier/lack of legal system terminology, lack of access to legal information

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Thanks Soo Much, No It Was Just In Time, My Exam Started @ 1 So Yea All Ya Help Was Kool, I Figured It Out I E-mailed My Teacher. But Thanks Anyway :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
1. Not too sure about this but Australia ratifies treaties from the united nations and when it's "ratified", the law has to be implemented in all law making and bodies subordinate to the government in power. The main law Australia has ratified regarding the rights of the individual is the universal decleration of human rights which basically covers all the rights of a human so denying an individual their rights is considered 'unlawful' and so there are sanctions to breaking the law :D. Not sure if i answered your question but i hope i did.
2. Time, Cost, Language Barrier/lack of legal system terminology, lack of access to legal information
The Government must ratify the treaty through the Governor-General, which makes Australia a party to the treaty under international law, then the Government may introduce legislation through Parliament that makes the treaty have domestic force.

The UDHR is not a treaty, and is not legally binding in any way. The main treaties regarding rights that Australia is a party to are the ICCPR and ICESCR, neither of which have been enacted into Australian law, and thus do not have domestic legal force. They continue to bind Australia in international law though.

Anyway, that's how I understand it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)