Help-major exam screw up (1 Viewer)

umz93

HSC
Hey guys,

I have been diagnosed with performance anxiety and it has affected my mark throughout the year. I have also applied for EAS. During todays modern history anxiety I had an anxiety attack which resulted in me to leaving out the personality section in the exam. I did not say anything to the supervisors as I was distressed to speak (I left the room ASAP.) My average for modern is ~82 and am ranked 10th. Can I apply for a misadventure or something similar to compensate for my exam mark?

Thanks

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Hey guys,

I have been diagnosed with performance anxiety and it has affected my mark throughout the year. I have also applied for EAS. During todays modern history anxiety I had an anxiety attack which resulted in me to leaving out the personality section in the exam. I did not say anything to the supervisors as I was distressed to speak (I left the room ASAP.) My average for modern is ~82 and am ranked 10th. Can I apply for a misadventure or something similar to compensate for my exam mark?

Thanks
From what I know I believe you should have spoken to your supervisor or at least a teacher, but apply and see what happens

D94

HSC
N/A
You're in a bad situation because you haven't let the supervisors know about your attack, and you should have already applied, right after the exam.

If you're at home or whatever, you need to get to school and apply now, seriously.

umz93

HSC
Thanks, I wont apply as i wont make it to school in time. If i get a raw mark of 65 will i be able to crack b4 (my cohort is pretty strong and my rank is 10th)

D94

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I wont apply as i wont make it to school in time. If i get a raw mark of 65 will i be able to crack b4 (my cohort is pretty strong and my rank is 10th)
You should still try and ask tomorrow, or ASAP. But you will need compelling evidence that you have been diagnosed and that it affected yourself during the exam.

umz93

HSC
Yeah i cant prove it at all. But what do you think about marks without applying?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Umm that is stupid in my opinion, just apply ASAP even if it is tommorrow. It is best to have some chance than no chance for an appeal

D94

HSC
N/A
Yeah i cant prove it at all. But what do you think about marks without applying?
TBH, I have no clue on what you will get; I reckon you will get around what you think, so 65. But school exams are harder to judge because there is no standardising of the state, so schools can make it harder or easier. Hopefully for you, you will get 65+, thus aligning to around 75-80, IMO.

But this is all speculating.

umz93

HSC
Thanks you guys for all your help + support. Also i have applied for misadventure 2 times this year due to anxiety problems so maybe it would look a bit weird if i do so again for hsc.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Thanks you guys for all your help + support. Also i have applied for misadventure 2 times this year due to anxiety problems so maybe it would look a bit weird if i do so again for hsc.
Absolutely not - it would actually confirm the issue.

May I suggest you at least ring the school now and talk to a teacher/principal etc who knows about the earlier anxiety problems and again this morning - they will also probably be able to speak to the supervisors and check on what they noticed this morning as well but do it NOW.

umz93

HSC
I have applied, when will I found out whether or not i got rejected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)