Help me choose a UNI (1 Viewer)

19ashlea19

HSC
I am having trouble deciding which uni i want 2 go 2, i want 2 do a bachelor of social work, there is only a couple of unis that do it in NSW but Aust Catholic Uni in the Canberra campus, i am interested in Canberra but not religious at all does this matter? what r other good unis?? Also my dad lives in NZ and 10 mins from the uni that offers my course he said that he would pay all fees, a new car and living expenses but if i go my mum would b disappointed! what should i do????
thank u

Last edited:

19ashlea19

HSC
does ANU offer a bachelor of social work though???
oh yeh i knew that lol

19ashlea19

HSC
Im pretty sure no cause if they did n there in canberra then i think i would of wanted 2 go there instead of ACU

19ashlea19

HSC
i just googled it and they offer a dual degree program of bachelor of arts/ bachelor of social work in conjunction with ACU, canberra campus

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Does ACU have accomadation.
If you do that combined degree you will be garanteed a place in an ANU college.

19ashlea19

HSC
y newcastle? y do heaps of people like it? i don know if i wona go there cause people from my school r n i wona stay away from them n make new friends lol

19ashlea19

HSC
i just want a new start away from all the stupid girls at my school lol i know it sounds mean

Che08

HSC
19ashlea19 said:
i just want a new start away from all the stupid girls at my school lol i know it sounds mean
I know what you mean - but you have to remember that uni is nothing like high school.. first your not all going to end up at the same campus or even uni and if you do magically end up at the same campus as the stupid girls at your school.. are you sure they all want to do social work? id say its highly likely they wont all be doing social work and therefore you'll be in different areas of the campus at different times on different days..

sooooooooo dont base you preferences on stupid girls at your school its not going to be a factor worth worrying about. ;)

19ashlea19

HSC
Che08 said:
I know what you mean - but you have to remember that uni is nothing like high school.. first your not all going to end up at the same campus or even uni and if you do magically end up at the same campus as the stupid girls at your school.. are you sure they all want to do social work? id say its highly likely they wont all be doing social work and therefore you'll be in different areas of the campus at different times on different days..

sooooooooo dont base you preferences on stupid girls at your school its not going to be a factor worth worrying about. ;)
thank u! there's one girl that wants 2 do social work, for years i wanted 2 go 2 newcastle then all of a sudden so did she and she wanted 2 do the exact same course as me! i don even like the beach so i don know y i wanted 2 go there lol!

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I'm in the same position as you. I love my friends, we've been a group since year 7. But I want a change, and I want to meet new people and get out of Sydney and everything I'm used to.

That's why I'm considering going to ANU.

Danijela21

HSC
Dundasbro said:
NZ sounds like the place to go if it was me.

In my view the only way to pick a uni is too understand which uni offers what course, and to what extent it will help in obtaining your future career. Also consider location, travel time, cost, and recognition of diploma ....

hope my 2 cents helped anyone :)

HSC
humglish said:
That's the very same reason I don't want to go to UOW (ok, so the prestige of USYD and UNSW may have a little bit to do with it...)

lol@ prestige...UNSW is soooooo overated. I was very disappointed the first few weeks I was there.

19ashlea19

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I'm in the same position as you. I love my friends, we've been a group since year 7. But I want a change, and I want to meet new people and get out of Sydney and everything I'm used to.

That's why I'm considering going to ANU.
Yeh it sucks ive been in the same group of friends since yr 3 so its hard but im sick of there drama i just want 2 b a new person if that makes sense!
what do u want 2 do at ANU?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
19ashlea19 said:
Yeh it sucks ive been in the same group of friends since yr 3 so its hard but im sick of there drama i just want 2 b a new person if that makes sense!
what do u want 2 do at ANU?

I'm thinking:

B econ/arts(int rel.)
B econ/science
B econ/comm(marketing)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)