Help me pick a degree (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
Seems like engo is the way to go!

Finance - starting salary I don't think is high at all. You start rock bottom then slowly work your way up the corporate ladder. Depends on how well you do in uni though + extracurriculars. Also, I don't think there are "plentiful" jobs either... (but this is what people have told me, so feel free to correct me).
Science - job prospects seems to be a key issue with this degree (compared to some other degrees, it's a bit more difficult finding a job). But if it's your passion - you could very well be *the* one who lands a job as a scientist or what not :D

Again, I'm not sure about the accuracy of what I said. Feel free to correct me!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
no don't want to do that, isn't that going to cost me a whole year? I'd rather decide now
No.

It won't cost you a year

You just do all the same courses you would do with an undeclared major. Once you've met the requirements, you can chose your major

astroman

HSC
No.

It won't cost you a year

You just do all the same courses you would do with an undeclared major. Once you've met the requirements, you can chose your major
wait is it the same duration as the other engos?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
can you explain how though? Wouldn't you miss out on a load of work from sem1?
Well I guess it would be similar to doing a commerce degree, you have to do core compulsory components of different fields of commerce; i.e I have to do a marketing unit, hr unit,management unit, etc but I'm still majoring in accounting...

astroman

HSC
i will look into flexible first year but still would much prefer a major. Is there some degree like B.Mechanical/B.Comp Sci?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
can you explain how though? Wouldn't you miss out on a load of work from sem1?
explain what?

all engineering students (regardless of major) will have to complete the core subjects like ENGG1000, PHYS11X1, MATHXY1, etc. So do these subjects in your 1st year and decide later

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
they don't want you to do both because it's fucking hard. Just be really really good at one first. You can always pursue a masters in a different field.

Bongos

HSC
Look nothing you study guarantees you'll make a shitload of money and will be easily quite successful. You have to love it to be motivated enough to do well in it. Find what you like and do it well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)