.......HELP ME PLZ.......im in a really tough situation.... (1 Viewer)

^___ShabS___^

im REALLY REALLY confused as to which subject i should drop between IT & VA....... or should not drop any???? i need to make a decision ASAP.

my subjects are:

English (standard)
Maths (2unit)
Biology
Food tech
VA (visual arts)
IT

im SOOO confused,should i drop IT or VA.....
for VA im not even half way through finishing my major work... and i have exactly 2 months left to TRAILS.... .and less than 6wks to hand it in..? the theory work is not great either...i like VA but i dont want to spend too much time worrying about my major work i want to study for trails..... and if i drop VA, then IT will be counted towards my UAI and it will bring my UAI down more than VA would...right?...... plus ....i dont know how to study for IT, its hard...
im aiming for 75+...UAI

SO HELP ME PLEASE ............. ur reply will be very much appreciated!
I wish i never chose VA or IT (i have crap teachers for both)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
This is going to be a hard decision for anyone other than you to make.

My opinion on it though would be to drop IT. Note: My opinion, it's entirely up to you.

Reason being, it's already quite late in the year, as you know either one of them won't count. Both subjects don't have very good scaling, and working on your VA major project might be more beneficial as the final exam isn't worth as much since they take account of your major work.

IT on the other hand you said you find is pretty hard, as a result you can't do well? If that's the case, VA would be a better option to keep.

soul_guardian

HSC
The IT test isn't too bad, and how r u with ur major project?

I guess ur decision will be baded on which subject u can actually finish.

It is a conundrum.

^___ShabS___^

hey guys firstly how do u add a pic next to ur names under 'author' ...

Last edited:

^___ShabS___^

thank you guys for your reply.....

i have checked in to this site 2-3 times a day since 12th.... to see what you guys think....

i spoke to the head teacher for english to see what she advises me to do....(she's was the best person to ask in my school)

and she told me i'd have to get in high 80s or 90s in IT for a UAI of 75+ ....... (i dont think i can do that if i also do VA)
then i thought i will drop IT ... she said you can make ur mind up a week before the IT exam if u dont want to do it...i've almost completed the course i'll get a certificate 2 in it...so she said i shouldn't drop it...... then i thought there is no guarantee for a good mark for my VA major work considering the amount of time left to complete it and the amount i've done so far (i kept changing my mind about the theme i want).........(oh god i've lost myself now....)
anyway!
she recommended i do both just in case i go bad in one.........

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by ^___ShabS___^

she recommended i do both just in case i go bad in one.........
yeah, thats the best advice I reckon, unless you are blatantly better at one subject than another. I did 12 units, and was absolutely convinced that Geography wouldnt count for me, because I sucked in it at school....I ended up getting a band 6 in it. It's good to have an extra subject as a back up, and as u said, you've almost completed that IT course, so you may as well stick to it for a tad longer and get that certificate. Best of luck with your hsc!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)