.......HELP ME PLZ.......im in a really tough situation.... (1 Viewer)

^___ShabS___^

im REALLY REALLY confused as to which subject i should drop between IT & VA....... or should not drop any???? i need to make a decision ASAP.

my subjects are:

English (standard)
Maths (2unit)
Biology
Food tech
VA (visual arts)
IT

im SOOO confused,should i drop IT or VA.....
for VA im not even half way through finishing my major work... and i have exactly 2 months left to TRAILS.... .and less than 6wks to hand it in..? the theory work is not great either...i like VA but i dont want to spend too much time worrying about my major work i want to study for trails..... and if i drop VA, then IT will be counted towards my UAI and it will bring my UAI down more than VA would...right?...... plus ....i dont know how to study for IT, its hard...
im aiming for 75+...UAI

SO HELP ME PLEASE ............. ur reply will be very much appreciated!
I wish i never chose VA or IT (i have crap teachers for both)

Winston

HSC
i reackon if u can perform better in IT, id drop VA lol... i swear VA is like the subject which jeopardises ur hsc... i fink the major work is sooo i duno, u cant gurnatee urself a good mark... and god u did almost the same subjects as i did :p...

i did

eng std, maths, food tech, IT and SDD :p... only 5... dw if u try hard enough ull get 75+, i didnt expect to get my UAI with my crappy subjects.

Freedom_Dragon

The 36th Dragon
HSC
N/A
Hi there,

ive had exp with major assessments from the past, those that are very similar to that of the major assessment ur doing for VA.

Its no use doing it [major assessment] if ur not dedicated from the very beginning. If u c that there is no point in doing or u feel u dont have enough dedication or theres not enough time left then maybe u should drop it. Major assessment for these types of subjects contribute largely towards ur hsc.

Eg: 60% of HSC for Industrial technology Graphics = major assessment.

I thought i could pull it off, well i managed to complete it but not to the extent which i had planned because i started to loss motivation and dedication.

All i can say is.... follow ur instincts. Oh and uve got Biology there, i think it will scale u up.

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
I had to walk away and have a big think about this before I could answer it for you. I can honestly say that you future is too risky a subject to be taking it lightly and telling you the decision that you should make which could affect the rest of your life.

My advice to you is to listen too what others are saying and form your own opinion. To do this you need to answer a few questions to help you make this decision.

1. What sort of job do you want to do?
2. Waht do you want to do at Uni (if you want to go at all)
3. What do you like to do as a hobby (computers or art)
4. What subject do you like to do the most out of these two.
5. Which subject do you get the best results in.
6. During the day what subject do you look forward to going to. (out of the two)
7. Have you spoken to your careers advisor at school?
8. What teacher do you like the best?
9. What do your Parents think.
10. What is the voice inside your head saying.
11. What is your heart saying?

Regardless of the quality of teacher that you have in the subject that you choose, you dio have this forum to support your studies.

Goodluck and let us know what you decide to do and why.

^___ShabS___^

thank you guys for your reply.....

i have checked in to this site 2-3 times a day since 12th.... to see what you guys think....

i spoke to the head teacher for english to see what she advises me to do....(she's was the best person to ask in my school)

and she told me i'd have to get in high 80s or 90s in IT for a UAI of 75+ ....... (i dont think i can do that if i also do VA)
then i thought i will drop IT ... she said you can make ur mind up a week before the IT exam if u dont want to do it...i've almost completed the course i'll get a certificate 2 in it...so she said i shouldn't drop it...... then i thought there is no guarantee for a good mark for my VA major work considering the amount of time left to complete it and the amount i've done so far (i kept changing my mind about the theme i want).........(oh god i've lost myself now....)
anyway!
she recommended i do both just in case i go bad in one.........

Last edited:

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
You have made the right choice without anyone telling you what to do. Well done you are on your way to being an adult!

Only 12341765387238972398 decisions to make before becomming one.

^___ShabS___^

oh no........that means...... i have a looooooooong way to go before i become an adult...!!!!

thank you for your advice Mr Blackwel.
just curious.... if you were in my position what would you have done and why...
you said you shouldn't tell me what decision to make.......what would you have said....

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Andrew_Blackwel
LOL I dont know and I hope i never get in that situation.
LMAO!!! DROP IT Andrew!!! HAHAH :p...

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Naaah id probly keep it cause i wouldn't have to study for it. I never did when i did IT Level III it was only when i started doing Microsoft Courses that I had to study.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)