• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help Me Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (1 Viewer)

roxychicksta

HSC
Hey everyone...
i was just wondering what sort of marks would i need in each of my subjects to get a UAI of about 75 +

My subjects are:
. Biology
. English standard
. Drama
. PDHPE
. EIT (entertainment industry training) a vet course..

Thanks much appreciated :)

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
i strongly suggest that for all your subjects that you try to get at least marks of 80+ You dont wanna aim for marks of 70+...that will not help ur UAI scaling, ur UAI might drop to say 60. best to be safe than sorry, try to aim high.

and always, try your VERY VERY VERY VERY BEST!

you never know...you might surprise yourself with a higher than expected UAI.

go for gold roxychicksta! go for gold!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
in year 11 i was aiming for 75+ and thought ill be over the moon with it. and now that im in year12 that uai looks so bad to me now and thus im aiming at 93+ even though i dont think im gonna get it. throughout the year once you start improving in your subjects your goal will become higher and higher and that goal you have now you'll believe that it's very achievable trust me =] NEVER aim low because if you do you'll get low. say that the course you want to is 75. lie to yourself and say think the cutoff is 85+. that way you push yourself more to get a better uai and even if you don't get it im sure you get a higher UAI then you expected.

Last edited:

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
b/c you're doing a V.E.T course, you're going to have to do extremely well in all your subjects across the board...
take every assessment task as if it were rated as 75% of your grade...
i did I.T (v.e.t) and as a result my U.A.I was lowered significantly.. and b/c i didnt do that well in all my subjects, it was lowered again..
from your loss of those two units, you have a lot to make up for.
don't wana make you nervous or anything =)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Mountain.Dew said:
i strongly suggest that for all your subjects that you try to get at least marks of 80+ You dont wanna aim for marks of 70+...that will not help ur UAI scaling, ur UAI might drop to say 60. best to be safe than sorry, try to aim high.
I agree with that, since your subjects aren't the best scalers, you will need to get solid 80s in all those subjects to be almost certain that you will get that goal UAI you want. Aim higher so in the event of anything happening, such as the cutoff for a course increasing, you will be safe. ;)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I agree with that, since your subjects aren't the best scalers, you will need to get solid 80s in all those subjects to be almost certain that you will get that goal UAI you want. Aim higher so in the event of anything happening, such as the cutoff for a course increasing, you will be safe. ;)
my subjects don't scale very well but mid to high 80's get me a 91. i think the most important thing is getting that english mark into the high 80's and it will help you a great deal with getting the uai you want.

Last edited:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
suchet_i said:
i needed some help too .. i do the subjects as shown in my sig .. bout what uai would i be getting if i get low band 6 in every thing?
about 98+ i believe ! what school do you go to btw?

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

suchet i said:
i needed some help too .. i do the subjects as shown in my sig .. bout what uai would i be getting if i get low band 6 in every thing?
mid to high 90s

Last edited by a moderator:

aussiebogan

HSC
N/A
Hello Bookie,
That post is simply un-Australian. Here on this thread, is a true aussie needing help and i only hope next time that you will be of much more help.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
aussiebogan said:
Hello Bookie,
That post is simply un-Australian. Here on this thread, is a true aussie needing help and i only hope next time that you will be of much more help.
BEST. TROLL. EVAR

Hey, I've lived here for 15 years and I still havent got citizenship, so why dont you deport me aussiebogan, OR SHOULD I SAY
Amanda Vanstone

roxychicksta

HSC
Bookie said:
0. You are fag. lose.
Hate to say this bookie but the only fag round here is u...no wonder u havent got citizenship its becuz u have THAT sort of attitute...if u were more nicer to people...and treated them wid respect then maybe u might gain something in life...:) if u dont wanna help then go bother someone else...

Thanks for the help everyone...x0x

Bookie

Banned
HSC
You win at teh internets.

Of course, I do go off on long periods in wonderment as to why you would suggest that "I am a fag" if you would hate to say it. Of course, I am homosexual, as suggested by my location to your left, and my avatar nonetheless promotes this notion with the display of a half-naked male (who you might recall is Michael Sullivan of rugby league fame). However, I do not see as to why you would hate to tell the truth....if I am a fag, then why hesitate?

Otherwise, treating people with respect will only occur when it is due. The three most traded goods in the world are drugs, weapons and oil. And each and everyone is done with no respect. Also, I am better than you in the following ways;

- I am male
- I have a better education than you
- I have citizenship all over the world, not just Australia
- I am better looking
- I am smarter than you
- I will do better in the HSC than you
- I have strong allround characteristics
- My penis is massive.

Oh, and roxychicksta, there are no words in the english dictionary such as "becuz", "attitute", and "wid". And the term "more nicer" is rather obsolete.

Have a nice day :)

H

housemouse

If you aim high or low, your still going to get the same UAI.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
hi,
"go for gold roxychicksta! go for gold!"

And standard english scales down a lot, so it would help ur uai if u got a good mark in it, but i dont know about others. Biology scales ok, better to just go to the boredofstudies SAM to guess wat marks u need.

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
xx__savannah said:
Not necessarily -- if you aim low, you might develop a tendency not to work, and that won't help you.
I agree; what you put in should be what you get. If you work hard, you reap the rewards of a high UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)