HELP ME WITH THE CHAPEL PERILOUS AND/OR THE REMOVALIST...or any other aus playwrights (1 Viewer)

brero

HSC
right so this is the deal if anybody has anything along the lines of

*the removalist notes..or anything really
*the chapel perilous notes...again anything really.
*Im doing script writting and i wanted to write a uniquely australian play..if anyone has any ideas or anything that could help it would ge GREATLY appreciated :):):):):)

oh yeah and no stress guys ay :S

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i have an essay on the removalists that i could give you to look at...its not on the whole play, though, only on a specific extract we had to perform. PM me if you want it though.

minimuzza

HSC
Hey!
im also having to do Chapel Perilous and Summer of the 17th Dole for my drama HSC
SOSD isnt to hard. But Chapel Perilous is a total pain in the ass. I've done some searching for good information but so far have come up with extremly little. So if anyone has an old essay or some notes on these it would be super if you want to post them! cheers

Minimuzza!

Sappling

HSC
Re: HELP ME WITH THE CHAPEL PERILOUS AND/OR THE REMOVALIST...or any other aus playwri

Yeh, agreed with that- Chapel Peilous sucks some serious arse.

thisisme

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have ANYTHING on Chapel perlious?!! because i have noooo idea either. there is one removalist essay in the resource section- i havent read it yet but still...there's ONE! Anyone know about that too though...?

i have trials tomorrow and i am lost lost lost.

vain

HSC
chapel perilous sucks balls man.

totally pissed we have to do it...

anyone got some killer notes yet??

less than 2 weeks till drama exam and still got no idea man...

vain

HSC
omg i love you lets have lots of beautiful children!!

<3333

smely

HSC
hahaha as exciting as that sounds.. i think im more interested in guys... no offence... oh! and i was working on my aus theatre essay today... there's some really good stuff in the front of the chapel book in the bit written by aarnee or wetevr and also by hewett herself.. u should include that too.. thats what im doing =D

kukee

HSC
hey guys!!!!!!!!

the chapel perilus stuff was great!!!!!!! does anyone have anything on the removalists?????

:wave:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
These are the ones I used. I heavily modified ones I found on the BoS resource section. Really, you will have to use your own knowledge, in addition to the notes to pad out your essay.

rachellyrachel

HSC
Re: HELP ME WITH THE CHAPEL PERILOUS AND/OR THE REMOVALIST...or any other aus playwri

I love Chapel Perilous! This is my reading list from uni from the week we spent on Chapel Perilous. Some of it may not be relevant to what you have to do, but it will give some help.

Required Reading:
Text: Hewett, Dorothy. The Chapel Perilous.
Williams, Margaret. ‘The Chapel Perilous’. Dorothy Hewett: the feminine as subversion. Sydney: Currency Press, 1992. 48-60.
Auslander, Philip. ‘Hélène Cixous’. Theory for Performance Studies: A Student’s Guide. London and New York: Routledge, 2008. 79‑82.

Further Reference Material & Reading:
Carroll, Dennis. ‘Dorothy Hewett’. Australian Contemporary Drama. Sydney: Currency Press, 1994. 146-160.
Cixous, Hélène. ‘Aller à la mer’. Trans. Barbara Kerslake. Modern Drama 27(4): 1984. 546‑48.
——, (with Catherine Clément). The Newly Born Woman. Trans. Betsy Wing. Minnesota: MN: University of Minnesota Press, 1986.
Hewett, Dorothy. ‘Shirts, Prams and Tomato Sauce: The All-Australian Theatre’. Contemporary Australian Drama. Ed. Peter Holloway. Sydney: Currency Press, 1981. 108-119.
Tait, Peta. Converging Realities: Feminism in Australian Theatre. Currency: Sydney, 1994.
Williams, Margaret. Dorothy Hewett: the feminine as subversion. Sydney: Currency Press, 1992.

I know it looks confusing because its in the MLA referencing style. The underlined section is the title, adn the name at the start is the author.

Hope ive helped!

rachellyrachel

HSC

Oh, also, STC recently did the Removalists. Actually, it may even still be showing. It wasnt that great - basically just a lot of violence and shouting, but they may have some helpful stuff on their website. Also, I would recommend seeing any productions of anything you need to write about. It helps, trust me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)