• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help me! (1 Viewer)

soo jae

HSC
Hi, I just finished my year 12.
I think business type of courses suit my aptitude.
I got interviews for both UTS Accounting and BIT at UNSW for Co-op scholarships.
i think my uai will be probably 98+ according to school's prediction.
I think i'm good at maths as i did 4 unit, but unsure wat course will suit me.
I want to get into Harvard Business school or Wharton School for MBA in future, if it would help me.
Also, i really want to make a lot of money A.S.A.P. to be able to build my own aid organisation and build lots of orphanages all over the world to help others.
Do you have any sort of idea, which course i should choose?
I'm prepared to work damn hard, but i really gotta make lots of money and be in right direction.
Thank you.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
B Commerce or B Business is probably your best choice. I would recommend UNSW, USYD or ANU if you want to get an MBA at one of those schools (I do as well). These schools are renowned overseas and you'll have a better chance of acceptance. Remember to involve yourself in societies, and work experience when you can, too.

Being good at maths certainly doesn't make you good at business, btw. But if you enjoy maths, go for a finance or accounting major. They are quite good for business, and actually compliment each other well.

Also, i really want to make a lot of money A.S.A.P. to be able to build my own aid organisation and build lots of orphanages all over the world to help others.
??? You're kidding right. Do you really want to make lots of money for that purpose, or to spend on yourself. I would guess the latter. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Next, you won't be able to make a lot of money ASAP if you do a degree. If you want money fast, don't go to uni. Open up your own innovative business, and maybe take a course on the side. It will take you a while to start earning lots of money after a degree (although the long-term benefits are better, the short-term gain is worse).

What exactly about business interests you, as business is too much of an 'umbrella-term'. I like creativity in business, with which you can affect your product mix and get results that you can measure (sales), therefore I like marketing. You may like other elements.

hypemaster

HSC
N/A
Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Sydney majoring in Finance.

In your second year in this three year degree apply for summer internships or part-time work/part-time study (and do summer school) at a major investment back such as Macquarie Bank and your on the road to be rich!

However, good marks will only take you so far - to the interviews. You need to have a personality - to pass the interviews.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)