Help me. (1 Viewer)

Carmo-Reb

HSC
I'm beginning to write my proposal for the project for extension history but I am yet to develop a suitable question that relates to any of the 5 key questions it needs to. My topic is the historical debate on whether Ned Kelly is a hero or a villain. Also, what would be included in the proposal, my teacher has given me a brief overview but I still don't understand what he would want in it.

Thank you so much

P.S the proposal is due in a weeks time

Frostguard

HSC
Hey Hist Ext buddy!! Your topic seems really cool, it's very controversial and I'm sure you can find lots of information to be able sustain an argument on whether he was a villain or hero. A focus question could be something very simple, doesn't need to be very specific and you could literally just do ' Ned Kelly, hero or villain? That way it doesn't necessarily need to connect to the key questions and you can just create five key questions based off the focus as opposed to the other way around.

My teacher gave me a booklet for what I should include in my proposal and it follows this scaffold-
-Student Name(s):
Due Date: Length:
Topic:
Focus Question:

Sub Questions: (historical questions eg why what when who where what, conclusions, results, significance)

Research Action Plan - what to do? When to do it?
1.Defining What do I want to find out about this topic?

2.Locating: Where can I find the historical sources of information I need?

3.Selecting: what types of historical sources will be most useful for this particular task and why? Eg primary, written, oral etc

4. Organising: How am I going to organise this information?

5. Presenting: How am I going to present my research? Argue, challenge and discussion, evaluation?

6. Evaluating: What did I learn about the research Process, the usefulness of historical sources and the topic from this task?

That's basically it, sorry if it's too long but just follow this scaffold and you'll be right. Good Luck!!!

polly903

HSC
Hey Carmo,

Frostguard's comment is excellent, but I just thought I'd throw in a reminder.

I did Hist Ext. in 2016 and one of the more "easier"/common ways to make up a question that really hits the core of the subject is "assess the influences on the historiographical debate surrounding (insert debate - e.g. ) Ned Kelly's legacy/morality etc.". Remember you aren't actually worried about the historical content so much as who is behind the historical interpretations we see of Ned Kelly and why?

Hope that helps,

Best of luck with your project!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)