Help me (1 Viewer)

lukey15#

HSC
Hey if you don't get into the course you apply for what is the quickest way to get there e.g bridging how is that done???????????????????? or is there something quicker.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
yes, bridging courses are available... depends on what you are looking to study really

lukey15#

HSC
Say i wanted to get into a course which required say for example 80.00 and i only recieved a UAI of say 59 how could i bridge to get into the 80 course and how long would it take???

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
ring the uni and ask..... they're the one's who know everything... or so they think

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
hmm, in your situation I doubt bridging courses would work for you (but, don't take my word for it, it is highly likely I could be wrong!!)

Best options, as far as I can see, do a course with a low UAI at another uni (I don't think our uni has any that low? Or, once again, perhaps I'm wrong), work your butt off and get nothing but HD's and apply through UAC in September 06.

Or, work for 3 years, earn heaps of moolah, do open foundation and apply as a mature agie.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
newstep is the best option if you want newcastle

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
But doesn't Newstep require you to be in some way disadvantaged during your HSC year?

axie

HSC
N/A
Yes you must have been "disadvantaged" in your schooling in some way, but from what I've heard it doesn't take much to pass their criteria. A friend managed to get in by embellishing on a break-up with her girlfriend in year 12 ...

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
yea its pretty easy, bad school, any adverse circumstance, you might even pull off financial hardship if its an issue, you need statements from a teacher and someone else

seeka

HSC
hiya guys long time no talk :)

if you got centrelink at any time= you were in finanacial hardship= you had to work or couldnt get books or go on excursions etc hence a reason for newstep application

if you went to a school on the disadvantaged schools list, then you have a reason: OR you cn just say the immature environment and petty bullying etc meant you didnt wat to participate = bad mark= reason for newstep application

get a supporting letter from a teacher and you have even more reason.

and if you are a chick going into a degree where less than 40% are female, then thats a reason for newstep too :D

if all else fails you can apply for open foundation the year that you turn 20
which has no requirements

feel free to ask more, been there done that

good luck!

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
yupyup, I got the disadvantaged thingy, cause the school was disadvantaged and we had "inadequate subject choice"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)