Help meeeee (1 Viewer)

*rinney*

HSC
I'm such an indecisive f*ckstick.
Ok, well you probs all remember I posted a few weeks back that I didn't know if I should do WST110 or not cuz it's only Lecture1 clashed with ANTH106's only Lecture1. Well, at enrolment day I was either gonna just go with Women's Studies and catch up, or go for PHIL131, but noooo I decided to do something completely absurd and enrol in LING109 (which looked appealing and because I had like two seconds to choose, I thought "Meh, that'd be alright") Anyway, speaking to some lecturer from Sydney Uni, she told me that Linguistics doesn't really fit in with the other subjects I've chosen (Ancient History, Anthropology and Philosophy) and the more I think about it, the more I really regret not enrolling in WST110, despite the fact that I'd have to miss and catch up on one of the lectures.

That said, I know that I can do women's studies if I really want (people I've spoken to have advised me to do the subjects you really wanna do, rather than just picking something [in my case, Linguistics] to compensate for a unit you can't do) but is it too late to change now.

Does anyone know what the prcedure is to move from one unit into another now that everyone's already enrolled. I heard something about being able to change your timetable if you're not satisfied...But is it possible to change actual SUBJECTS?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
First week get a blue form, its called a change of program, fill it out and get signatures.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye u can switch between subjects. you wont suffer any financial or academic penalties before the hecs due date (which is around 31st march).

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
you dont need to go through the trouble with filling out anything. in Week one they will have computers set up in the E7B building, just go there and say you want to change. in fact lots of people change units 1st week back, they give you a week to do so. thats what i did when i changed from maths135 to phil137.

If you want to do womens studies then do it because it isnt that bad missing lectures (assuming they dont have exams in lectures). they have tapes in the library and with some subjetcs it is actually far easier to just use the tapes and never go to a lecture (assuming no assessments occurr in the lectures), because you can write better notes as you can stop the tape.

Just change first week back, and DONT panic. Everythings groooovy :)
Changing units is simple, should take 5 minutes.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
the propper procedure is actually to get a blue change of program form...
i applied for the enrolment job and thats wot the lady said with respect to changing programs

*rinney*

HSC
otay, so it's not something that can be done online then? :confused: might check it out and try n get this "blue form" at my academic orientation thingymejig...
thanks for your feedback dawgs ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)