Help!! Need PIP ideas!! (1 Viewer)

khs2017

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm starting year 12 now and I need to have an idea of what I want to do for my PIP by the end of next week

I have a list of things but would love some input from more people:

- Representation of Indigenous Australians
- Women in sport
- Treatment of the LGBTI+ community in Australia
- Over-sexualisation of females
- Rise of feminism
- Media influence on adolescence
- Perceptions of beauty
- Secularisation in Australia
- Body image
- Discrimination of minorities in the criminal justice system
- Attitudes towards multiculturalism
- Treatment of refugees
- Gender stereotypes
- Treatment of people with disabilities
- Sex and adolescents
- Money and happiness

Any more ideas would be appreciated or any tips on these topics :)

Thank you

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
These seem like really good topics. I'd suggest not adding any more unless you're super passionate about what you'd be adding, and start narrowing down your topics. Start applying concepts to them to create a hypothesis/more specific research question, and do some quick background research to see which topics will be easiest to research. Once you've done that, look at the topics with the most research material and best application of the concepts, and narrow those down further to a topic you like and can see yourself working on for the next few terms.
Best of luck :)

Pokemontrainer

HSC
Hey OP, I've just started year 12 as well and also started my PIP too (whoo hoo for early starters :headbang:)!
I'm really fascinated by the 'Money and happiness' topic you thought of, it's very original. I also love your 'Discrimination of minorities in the criminal justice system' topic, it'd be easy to do a cross cultural comparison on!
Just like what Spaghettii said, pick something you're really interested in and that has lots of secondary research, then you can't go wrong!
Good luck dude and make sure to tell us what topic you end up doing. :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)