Help needed choosing universities! (1 Viewer)

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Doing HSC this year.
well monash is pretty much your only option for undergrad in victoria. other places are: Newcastle/UNE, UWS, UNSW, ANU, UQ (prov entry), UAdel, UWA, JCU, UTas, Griffith (prov entry altho applications have closed i think.
if u dont make it in, u can either:
1. take a year off resit umat and reapply
2. start a uni course and resit the umat although your choices will b limited as some unis do not accept you if u have a tertiary record (UQ, Monash, UAdel + others)

alternatively you may go for post grad stream (finish any undergrad course and sit the gamsat). 7 years minimum.

HSC
N/A
well monash is pretty much your only option for undergrad in victoria. other places are: Newcastle/UNE, UWS, UNSW, ANU, UQ (prov entry), UAdel, UWA, JCU, UTas, Griffith (prov entry altho applications have closed i think.
if u dont make it in, u can either:
1. take a year off resit umat and reapply
2. start a uni course and resit the umat although your choices will b limited as some unis do not accept you if u have a tertiary record (UQ, Monash, UAdel + others)

alternatively you may go for post grad stream (finish any undergrad course and sit the gamsat). 7 years minimum.
Ack.
I have to make it into Monash then.
What about this?
This might end up happening if I don't get the mark, interview, all that.
Swinburne?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Ack.
I have to make it into Monash then.
What about this?

This might end up happening if I don't get the mark, interview, all that.
Swinburne?
swinburne does not have med. in victoria all 3 medical schools have a postgrad stream (Melbourne, Monash, Deakin). u have to finish an undergraduate course (at any university) sit the gamsat and then apply for one that has a postgraduate program (cant remember all of them).

HSC
N/A
swinburne does not have med. in victoria all 3 medical schools have a postgrad stream (Melbourne, Monash, Deakin). u have to finish an undergraduate course (at any university) sit the gamsat and then apply for one that has a postgraduate program (cant remember all of them).
:S
I just looked this up.
I could do this? and then do the GAMSAT?
http://www.med.monash.edu.au/medical/northernvic/bmedsci.html
Monash lets ya do that right?
With GAMSAT?
:S

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
HSC
N/A
yes. pretty much. but remember u dont have to do a biomed degree and u dont have to do it at monash, u can any degree at any university basically.

but it is recommended u do something related to health science since gamsat has a lot of 1st year uni bio and year 12 physics/chem.
I'd rather do it at Monash and I want to do something related to Health Science. BioMed is sufficient for that, yes/no?
Yeah, I've heard, haha. Physics is painful. :/

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
BBiomed at Unimelb has a really high cutoff something like 98.45!

HSC
N/A
k when u get in, i will take u out for dinner at an expensive restruant. pm me
Might as well answer here too.
Sure.
Not certain if you're srs or not.
Tbh, I have no interest in expensive restaurants, haha.

aznboystar

Honourary Azn
HSC
He really knows what he's talking about. I am looking to compile all of his posts into a guide or something so everyone who wants to do Medicine can read it and he won't have to answer the same questions all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)