• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help Needed For Consumer And Family Exam Situations (1 Viewer)

Homey

Homey
HSC
N/A
undefined

undefined

Hey i need help...with consumer and family law topics, the exam can ask us generall to "evaluate the effectiveness of the law in terms of something"...now what im worried about, is they can ask practically ANY AREA of consumer or family and ask us to evaluate it...what we do if we dont know it in that much depth???

santaslayer

HSC
Homey said:
undefined

undefined

Hey i need help...with consumer and family law topics, the exam can ask us generall to "evaluate the effectiveness of the law in terms of something"...now what im worried about, is they can ask practically ANY AREA of consumer or family and ask us to evaluate it...what we do if we dont know it in that much depth???

I haven't really encountered such specific questions for evaluation myself, but the point is that you should know most, if not all areas of the course already. It is unusual that they will ask something like:

"Evaluate the effectivness of the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth) in achieving justice for individuals and the society."

Evaluation questions usually take on a broader approach whereby most questions will allow the student an opportunity to raise questions and critically analyse the whole situation, not just an aspect of it.

I've gone through most evaluation questions in past HSC exams and don't recall such specifics. :)

Even if they do that this year, you should structure your opening paragraph so that it allows you to incorporate broadly other specifics you might like to include.

eg. Adversarial system,
Jury duty,
FMS,
Resource efficency.etc.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)