Help needed for Crime 'Essay' (1 Viewer)

bebop49

HSC
Okay, so the question is:

d) With reference to a current criminal justice issue, assess te efficiency and effectiveness of the legal system in achieving justice for both individuals and society. (10 marks)

I researched the jury system for my criminal justice issue. Would I refer to that particular issue exclusively, or should I dive into the criminal process, sentencing process etc?

Azreil

HSC
Only do juries, but go into 10 marks worth of depth in it... ie half an essay you'd write for your options.

obiman

HSC
i swear they better not put up the criminal justice issue uestion because i mean they are all out of date

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
i didnt even know that was an option
what else could they ask?
i have been told more to do with context and values and stuff

Azreil

HSC
obiman said:
i swear they better not put up the criminal justice issue uestion because i mean they are all out of date
Not really. I mean. Double jeopardy was only just abolished. Mandatory sentencing is being updated all the time. Domestic Violence is constantly in the news and the majority verdicts of Juries AND the president of the NSWLRC claiming there's no point in charging jurors who do their own investigations AND the kerfuffle about jurors playing sudoku = big issue.

*Baby-K*

HSC
Azreil said:
Not really. I mean. Double jeopardy was only just abolished. Mandatory sentencing is being updated all the time. Domestic Violence is constantly in the news and the majority verdicts of Juries AND the president of the NSWLRC claiming there's no point in charging jurors who do their own investigations AND the kerfuffle about jurors playing sudoku = big issue.
still the best one to discuss is terrorism

Azreil

HSC
*Baby-K* said:
still the best one to discuss is terrorism
I refuse to do that.

Not cause it's a bad topic. Just because the person who did it for their case study is the person I compete against in like... everything.

As long as you have LCMD to back it up that's within 2 ish years, and you know it in some sort of depth, you're sorted.

HSC
Sorry to sound incredibly stupid, but what exactly IS a criminal justice issue? And can someone please please please give a list of examples?

Mond

HSC
It's just a criminal issue you study in depth. From what I've heard, many schools skip over this and make you learn this by doing an assessment on it. Examples include; juvenile justice, domestic violence, organised crime, euthanasia, decriminalisation of cannabis, terrorism, etc.

obiman

HSC
hhmmm hopefully they wont be gay and ask criminal justic issue i mean they didnt last year so hopefully they repeat and create trend and phase out criminal justice issue

Mongoz

DySFuNcTioNal
HSC
this is a dot point
chapter 4 of crime
you have to write stuff like
protection of human rights, acess, equality, resource effiecny and enforcement
i think thatz wat u do

punhanii

HSC
Im doing a similar assessment.

• Identify and outline a current criminal justice issue associated with the topic you have chosen.
• Explain why it is an issue.
• Outline the legal measures associated with the issue.
• Explain how legal measures you have identified attempt to achieve justice and for whom.
• Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the legal measures in achieving justice.

Thinking bout doing it on terrorism. Anyone have useful information they'd like to help me with?

HSC
Mongoz said:
this is a dot point
chapter 4 of crime
you have to write stuff like
protection of human rights, acess, equality, resource effiecny and enforcement
i think thatz wat u do
thats what i thought :|

rajputsingh

HSC
bebop49 said:
Okay, so the question is:

d) With reference to a current criminal justice issue, assess te efficiency and effectiveness of the legal system in achieving justice for both individuals and society. (10 marks)

I researched the jury system for my criminal justice issue. Would I refer to that particular issue exclusively, or should I dive into the criminal process, sentencing process etc?

Go look at the syllabus....there is a heading say effectiveness for society adn individuals-that should give u topics to look at....after choosing a topic i advise only choosing one as it should be sufficient, go to our legal studies book and read it(i know most of it is crap well with my book it was but it gives u a brief outlook) and then basically what the question is asking of u is to make a judgement about the issue so make sure you provide all the pros and the cons of the issue and then make your judgement eg for juries id say they are effective to a degree as they have been used for so long and have been working however tehre have been some cases where the jurors do not understand and provide the wrong decision...that is a very brief explanation and u should be easliy be able to get a 1000 words for this question ...one more note: this question is very popular in exams-we did it in our trials and if you look at past papers, it pops up regularly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)