HELP on speeches ! (1 Viewer)

x_babee-gurl_x

HSC
Does anyone know how different people can value or have valued Aung San Suu Kyi's speech - "Keynote address at the Beiijing World Conference on Women" ? :( i dunno wot to do i have to do a speech tomorrow on this and iv barely written anything. If anyone has any notes on this speech it would be much appreciated if you could provide me with some! thanks :)

rachelm

HSC
N/A
Firstly, she gave this speech under house arrest - so in some ways it in itself is a celbration of independence and equality despite her situation...just by doing it she makes her point. ALso she copuld not know the response her taped address shown at the conference could have. SHe gave the speech without any feedback.

Look at possible audiences - delegates at the conference, the political leaders who have her under house arrest, post sept 11. This gives you three different ways the speech is valued.
Her values are equality, freedom and tolerance. These can be linked to specific audiences or you can look at each audience's response toall 3.

delegates / feminsits - sense of rapport established, key phrases on women's equality BUT may find some ideas stereotypical. However, she received a standing ovation for over 1 minute!!!
enemies - clear examples of oppression and ignorance would anger the powerful men of BUrma.
post Sept 11 - may find the religious references irrelevent or even more poignant, may find the idea of peace is now a myth with such an attack o domestic western life.

Don't forget techniques.
I hope this helps. Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)