Help ! options essays study (1 Viewer)

posh bitch

HSC
Do you guys think that they will ask the same questions for the options as the questions on the specimen paper or the 2011 paper. Because i dont want to study in depth for those questions !

help someone, i always do last minute study and it always works, but im just scraed if the same questions come up !

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
Do you guys think that they will ask the same questions for the options as the questions on the specimen paper or the 2011 paper. Because i dont want to study in depth for those questions !

help someone, i always do last minute study and it always works, but im just scraed if the same questions come up !
What questions were they? I made a thread asking about what to study aswell

TomHSC2012

HSC
For each option I am pretty sure you will be asked on at least one of the 'Contemporary issues', in the consumers topic for example the following issues are:

• credit
• product certification
• marketing innovations
• technology.

So I'm guessing that you would have to respond to a question based off Unit 3 of each option whilst using your knowledge of the topic to formulate a response.

Edit Question 25 on consumers is right out of the syllabus.

And the second part of question 25 part B is pretty much is done up from the themes and challenges

Consumers Topic
Themes and challenges to be incorporated throughout this topic:
• The role of the law in encouraging cooperation and resolving conflict in regard to consumers

Question 2011 paper Consumers:
To what extent do remedies available through the legal system achieve justice for consumers?

Also every question in Part III must be the same for each option. Obviously requiring your own knowledge for each topic.

Last edited:

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
For each option I am pretty sure you will be asked on at least one of the 'Contemporary issues', in the consumers topic for example the following issues are:

• credit
• product certification
• marketing innovations
• technology.

So I'm guessing that you would have to respond to a question based off Unit 3 of each option whilst using your knowledge of the topic to formulate a response.

Edit Question 25 on consumers is right out of the syllabus.

And the second part of question 25 part B is pretty much is done up from the themes and challenges

Consumers Topic
Themes and challenges to be incorporated throughout this topic:
• The role of the law in encouraging cooperation and resolving conflict in regard to consumers

Question 2011 paper Consumers:
To what extent do remedies available through the legal system achieve justice for consumers?
sweet ive been studying them, what makes you think that?

posh bitch

HSC
but i doubt they will ask any question for the second time because so many people have written responses to those questions many times

TomHSC2012

HSC
sweet ive been studying them, what makes you think that?
There is not much assessable content that they could use for a extended response. Plus in the CSSA 2012 (Catholic Trial HSC paper) they asked this question as the extended response. As a side note I would like consumers to be on the ACL however as I said, the question they ask must fit all of the options.

Consumer Option - 2009 HSC paper:

(a) How effective are the methods available for consumer redress?

OR

(b) Explain how and why the concept of the consumer in the law has changed over time.

Part A comes from themes and challenges of the consumers topic:

The effectiveness of legal and non-legal responses in achieving justice for consumers.

Part B Comes from themes and challenges of consumers topic:

The role of law reform in recognising the rights of consumers

They basically always as the same question but slightly re-done each year.

Last edited:

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
There is not much assessable content that they could use for a extended response. Plus in the CSSA 2012 (Catholic Trial HSC paper) they asked this question as the extended response. As a side note I would like consumers to be on the ACL however as I said, the question they ask must fit all of the options.

Consumer Option - 2009 HSC paper:

(a) How effective are the methods available for consumer redress?

OR

(b) Explain how and why the concept of the consumer in the law has changed over time.

Part A comes from themes and challenges of the consumers topic:

The effectiveness of legal and non-legal responses in achieving justice for consumers.

Part B Comes from themes and challenges of consumers topic:

The role of law reform in recognising the rights of consumers

They basically always as the same question but slightly re-done each year.
I sort of guessed it aswell that's why i've been studying it heavily, also could fit for law reform.

Excuse my ignorance but what is ACL?

TomHSC2012

HSC
I sort of guessed it aswell that's why i've been studying it heavily, also could fit for law reform.

Excuse my ignorance but what is ACL?
ACL = Australian Consumer Law. Introduced last year, it would be a prefect law to talk about, in terms of law reform as it removed discrimination amongst the states and territories, hence it's a national law the removes most previous trade laws, like the NSW Trade Practices Act. I think law reform might be incorporated into the extended response question, thats just a guess.

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
ACL = Australian Consumer Law. Introduced last year, it would be a prefect law to talk about, in terms of law reform as it removed discrimination amongst the states and territories, hence it's a national law the removes most previous trade laws, like the NSW Trade Practices Act. I think law reform might be incorporated into the extended response question, thats just a guess.
Is this in the Excel textbook? If not where can I read up?

inJust

HSC
Isn't ACL = Competition and Consumer Act 2010?

TomHSC2012

HSC
Isn't ACL = Competition and Consumer Act 2010?
The Trade Practices Act was replaced by the Competition and Consumer Act (CCA) in 2010. Then in 2011 The ACL replace the Competition and Consumer Act, along with many other laws. From what I remember the ACL still has elements of the CCA.

inJust

HSC
The Trade Practices Act was replaced by the Competition and Consumer Act (CCA) in 2010. Then in 2011 The ACL replace the Competition and Consumer Act, along with many other laws. From what I remember the ACL still has elements of the CCA.
It's the same thing isn't it?

"The full text of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) is set out in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 which is the new name of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (TPA)."

Sore Abs

HSC
N/A
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) did not replace the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (NSW). It is incorporated into Schedule 2 of the CCA. Schedule 1 prefaces the purposes of consumer law, and takes into account the principles of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (cth), the nature of consumer law and the powers and reasons behind the mandating of various consumer protection bodies, such as the ACCC and Australian Competition Tribunal.

Again, the ACL did NOT replace the CCA, only amended it to implement itself. It was part of an amendment that took place in 2011. Look it up on Austlii.

inJust

HSC
The Australian Consumer Law (ACL) did not replace the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (NSW). It is incorporated into Schedule 2 of the CCA. Schedule 1 prefaces the purposes of consumer law, and takes into account the principles of the Trade Practices Act 1974 (cth), the nature of consumer law and the powers and reasons behind the mandating of various consumer protection bodies, such as the ACCC and Australian Competition Tribunal.

Again, the ACL did NOT replace the CCA, only amended it to implement itself. It was part of an amendment that took place in 2011. Look it up on Austlii.
THought so.

Is it just called ACL 2011?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)