Help ! options essays study (1 Viewer)

Keelan134

HSC
Yes but wtf is a specimen paper?
When the BOS modifies an exam structure or there is a new syllabus, BOS releases a specimen paper for reference for how the new test will look. In 2011, the Crime question was replaced by an extended response rather then 4 short answers. Its just a reference to use for study really.

Keelan134

HSC
Im pretty keen for Workplace, But i dunno im a little iffy on family. Maybe once I read my notes ill be schwweeet.

Saksyyna

HSC
Are there solutions available for the multiple choice of the specimen paper?

S1MZ8

HSC
View attachment 26915 how would I answer this type of question?
You would talk about law reform with changing values in society, i.e. does the law reflect the current morals, values and ethics in society? If not, was there law reform? Was this law reform effective? Did it match the current values etc in society? Just talk about that and integrate key words from question. It is directly related to the themes..

The themes cover what is in the whole syllabus for the option, so, if you do an essay on each basically you can answer every question. But you would obvi need to manipulate your essays to fit question.

Last edited:

wavess

HSC
You would talk about law reform with changing values in society, i.e. does the law reflect the current morals, values and ethics in society? If not, was there law reform? Was this law reform effective? Did it match the current values etc in society? Just talk about that and integrate key words from question. It is directly related to the themes..

The themes cover what is in the whole syllabus for the option, so, if you do an essay on each basically you can answer every question. But you would obvi need to manipulate your essays to fit question.
Ohh okay, it makes sense now, thank you!

TomHSC2012

HSC
THought so.

Is it just called ACL 2011?
Sorry for the late reply. Remember to state the full law first, for example, The Australian Consumer Law 2011 (ACL), then you can use the abbreviation, ACL.

Also for the question that was linked, remember it is asking you to refer to your contemporary issue(s) that you have studied. Unit 3 of each option has the issues.

Last edited:

nm94

HSC
Each year the options are the same topics with roughly the same structured question. Have a look through the past papers and it should give you a good idea

jason2kool

HSC
with regard to consumer law, would it be wrong if we still refer to the trade practices act and all the other old legislations such as the contracts review act, etc???

funstudy

HSC
Not the actual HSC Paper but like a preview paper given by the Board of Studies with the introduction of the new syllabus in 2011

NickGero

HSC
with regard to consumer law, would it be wrong if we still refer to the trade practices act and all the other old legislations such as the contracts review act, etc???
Our teacher told us the marking centres are quite harsh on people who aren't up to date with recent advancements, the most significant of which for consumers is ACL through the Competition and Consumer Act. So definitely try to stay away from outdated info in your option essays. They won't necessarily mark you down, but they want you to show you're involved in your elective and up to date.

Saksyyna

HSC
I think it's ok to refer to old acts, but yes defs refer to the new act. You can use old acts to say how they introduced certain concepts, like Contract Review Act 1980 created precedent for unconscionable contracts in the Amadios case.

ifraijaz

HSC
N/A
when memorising cases/legislations do we need to include the year.. it just seem impossible to remeber that many cases and legislation with the years that they were established.. my teacher said the markers dont really care if you include the years ( she has done HSC marking before).. just want to know what others do and if shes right

NickGero

HSC
when memorising cases/legislations do we need to include the year.. it just seem impossible to remeber that many cases and legislation with the years that they were established.. my teacher said the markers dont really care if you include the years ( she has done HSC marking before).. just want to know what others do and if shes right
You don't have to, but apparently they're more 'impressed' if you do. No way in hell I'm remembering them, too much damned content already.

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
I'm not an expert. But I'm not stressed about memorising the year, unless i'm going to use it to describe the history of something

So I would remember the years for the international bill of rights because i have to talk about it through history

Saksyyna

HSC
It's not THAT important, if you know the year then put it in of course, but if you don't know don't try guess it and just leave it.

jason2kool

HSC
for our option topics, should we know ALL the contemporary issues in depth?

TomHSC2012

HSC
I think it's ok to refer to old acts, but yes defs refer to the new act. You can use old acts to say how they introduced certain concepts, like Contract Review Act 1980 created precedent for unconscionable contracts in the Amadios case.
You can implement old acts and talk about new ones, as it is a good way to evaluate the roll of law reform and its effectiveness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)