Help photo madddddd (1 Viewer)

Alysia

HSC
:bomb: hey guys i am doing my hsc visual arts this year and i also do dt, but i am finding it really hard to get a good photo editing program for my computor...... not just photo shop........any suggestions.... my knowlegde is pritty basic but i would like to put my ideas to good use.... thanks in advance if any one can help......

veavents

HSC
Try Paint Shop Pro, but adobe photoshop is easily the best graphic manipulation program out there today!

HSC
N/A
I have to agree with Veavents, as far as software goes to use with your photographs, Photoshop is definately by far and wide the best. With all the tools the program offers, the combination of things you can do and possibilities are literally endless.

Are you having trouble with it? I know for a learner the whole thing can be quite confusing and intimidating, besides doing simple things like adding a filter, brightening the picture etc. I rejected the program for ages, until a photographer friend taught me a lot over the net, and then my art teacher taught me a lot too.

If you are having trouble, I'd recommend you look up some online Photoshop tutorials (there are tons of them), maybe see if you know anyone who could teach you a bit too? An art, design or IT teacher at school might possibly have a clue.

Don't reject digital photography books and manuals as well, they can teach you quite a bit.

Anyway, hope that helps. What exactly are you looking at doing? :)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
There's a program my brother uses (he's employed as a concept artist) called 'Painter 6'. There's also a 'Painter 7', so as far as I'm concerned, it's called 'Painter', lol.

I used it for awhile too and it's quite different to photoshop. Never played around with photos in it but yes...

:)

HSC
N/A
Yeah that's the other thing.... it depends whether what you want to do is strictly digital photography, or other digital art too.

For example, Illustrator is really great for vector art.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Corel Painter is good
Paint Shop Pro (get the latest) can also help you. I learnt on that before Photoshop
Look around on the net for tutorials

Photoshop like the rest have said is the best however. The layering power is awesome.
If you can get ur hands on this, try tutorials and stuff to expand ur knowledge etc
or you could try PMing me and i could try to run you through things

xx take care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)