HELP please! hurt back, english paper 2 tomorrow (1 Viewer)

moocow920

HSC
Hi everyone, I hurt my back straight after paper 1 today picking up something heavy, and at first assumed it was just a brief muscle spasm due to tension in my back from exam. Unfortunately it has not gotten better and now it is too late to go to doctor or to contact school. I may wake up fine but if it feels like this tomorrow I do not feel that I will be able to sit at a desk and write without a lot of pain and distraction obviously as it would make it difficult to concentrate. My mum is very anti special consideration/doing a makeup exam and thinks I am capable of just ignoring pain, however I feel pain would impact my concentration and performance

So if when I get up tomorrow it still hurts what should I do? Should I

- Go to doctor for medical certificate and not take exam, this would mean doing a makeup exam soon and this mark would be used to estimate my trial mark

- Do exam and just ignore pain

- Do exam with writer if school will give me one (really want to avoid this as don't feel like i could communicate well)

- Do exam, get medical certificate that afternoon and apply for special consideration so they would like adjust my mark if i did badly to reflect my marks throughout the year and my marks from paper yesterday. Does anyone know if this is possible, or if medical certificate would not count as it was obtained after exam.

Any help appreciate, thankyou i am desperate!

HSC
umm... call the school in the morning leave a message?
if that doesn't work bring in a letter from home and show it to your year coordinator / subject coordinator / principal etc. and seeing as your mum wont do this rock up to school in tears and speak to a male teacher and tell them that you did it this morning after your mum left the house

Last edited:

NFmusic1995

HSC
Option 4 is available for every school,

rather than missing your exam, get it over and done with so you can focus on your other exam as ull have to continue to make sure u know the 3 essays and it will just waste time

Trust me, get it out of the way, get a doctors cert tomorrow, do the exam, complain that you were in pain IF you were in pain and they will consider and adjust your mark accordingly

IF you miss it, you will have to redo it, and until the rescheduled exam continue to study for english with no extra benefits .

moocow920

HSC
Ok, thanks for the suggestions, will a medical certificate still count if I get it after the exam though? My concern is they will be like no you cant prove the injury occurred before the exam so it doesn't count

NFmusic1995

HSC
You have to get the doctors cert , and in the doctors cert it will say "The student is unable to continue his students from *** to *** inclusive.

If the doctors cert covers the dates in which you did the exam, they have to accept it unless they somehow see that ur lying, and if which you are lying, you WILL get caught.

moocow920

HSC
Ok thank you so much, hopefully I can do that tomorrow, so inconvenient though

kewon

HSC
why would you bring in a med certificate after you did the exam? teachers will just think you did that because you think you did bad and want some compensation. if your back really is affecting you that badly, just don't turn up, ring your school bring in a med certficiate. depending on schools some give you an estimate (if you have a good rank then do this)

moocow920

HSC
why would you bring in a med certificate after you did the exam? teachers will just think you did that because you think you did bad and want some compensation. if your back really is affecting you that badly, just don't turn up, ring your school bring in a med certficiate. depending on schools some give you an estimate (if you have a good rank then do this)
That's my problem but I have no way to get one before the exam, and I don't want to miss the exam because my rank is shit and my results so far are bad, but I feel like I did well in paper today and have improved since earlier results.

kewon

HSC
oh i see
but if you don't do well... I doubt they will give you bonus marks above what your estimated mark is (dependent on current rank)
just so you know, you don't need to bring in a med certificate before your exam, can be the next time you go back to school.

mchung

HSC
N/A
You have to get the doctors cert , and in the doctors cert it will say "The student is unable to continue his students from *** to *** inclusive.

If the doctors cert covers the dates in which you did the exam, they have to accept it unless they somehow see that ur lying, and if which you are lying, you WILL get caught.
Biggest Trust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)