Help please, im confused... (1 Viewer)

cjkim88

HSC
I'm thinking of going to UTS to do a course but I'm confused on what its called... (lol.)
Anyways, im thinking of becoming a computer programmer (basically coding software)
Can someone tell me please what its called?
I see different courses and I'm not sure which one is right since i see "Bachelor of Engineering ICT Eng (Computer Systems), Dip Eng Practice" and "Bachelor of Engineering ICT (Software), Dip Eng Practice"

EDIT:
i dont want to do anything relating to games anymore since u have to go TAFE and all that which i dont want to do. I am going for straight software programming.
Can someone please tell me which course (what its called).. The handbook was... i couldnt really find it there. Also, what other courses could there be to do with software engineering? i want to and am willing to do anything relating to software programming, but also obviously want to be able to get a decent job :)

Last edited:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Those are the new Engineering degrees, labelled at ICT, which makes up computer systems, software and telecommunications. You can either do the Software Engineering degree or you can do an IT degree instead, which might be what you are after.

You do the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a major in development and a sub-major in computer graphics and animation (in which you can do subjects in games programming).

I hope that helps!

Logistics

HSC
There's less and less coding monkeys these days, you need to be able to do a lot more than just code. Take it from someone who has completed software development and is doing software engineering now.

Though if you're still keen on just programming I would suggest computer science at Sydney UNI.

From what I remember and unless it has been changed it's prety much all electives so you can pick subjects where to become really good at programming.

Computer science has more programming than Software Engineering.

You should really check the uts handbook, it has courses and what you will study.

http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)