HELP PLEASE! I'm really stressed here... (1 Viewer)

super-shinobi

HSC
Hi guys, I'm really worried. In my half yearly report I got 19% for Physics, yes I know you're probably thinking 'holy, that is extremely shit' and yes I know, but I dont like physics and plan on dropping it in year 12. But I'm worried I might have to repeat Year 11 *hyperventilates* I really dont want to repeat ><"

My yearly exam is coming up and im studying alot harder now but I think the stress is overwhelming me and I'm not studying for my other subjects which i WILL be doing next year for HSC. The yearly exam is only 45% of my report mark which means even if I get 100% [impossible] my mark would only be near 50%.

My head teacher said that if I dont pass my exam this time, he would have to give me a 'fail' and that meant I didnt meet the requirements for my Preliminary Certificate, as in I failed 2 units and passed 10 units and I would have to do it again. I asked my year advisor and she said that too. But I asked other students and they said it was a load of crap since Year 11 doesnt count anyway.

PLEASE HELP MEEE. I feel really overloaded right now and i really want to study for my other stuff but I seriously dont want to repeat a year. I dont understand why people who get under 30UAI dont have to repeat yet my teacher is picking on me?? I asked my cousin and he said that his school passes him even if he doesnt get a good mark but maybe my school doesnt?

My sister just says my school is just scaring me coz theyre selective. [yeah 19% in selective -_-" but im all good for my other subjects! but now that im studyting like mad for physics ><" GAHHHH]

bubblesss

HSC
super-shinobi said:
Hi guys, I'm really worried. In my half yearly report I got 19% for Physics, yes I know you're probably thinking 'holy, that is extremely shit' and yes I know, but I dont like physics and plan on dropping it in year 12. But I'm worried I might have to repeat Year 11 *hyperventilates* I really dont want to repeat ><"

hey don't stress out too much. your school wouldn't make u repeat anyway. give equal time for all subjects and study extra hard for physics and u'll be fine. just make sure u pass ur finals.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
What school are we talking about?
Selective schools don't usually make students repeat.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: HELP PLEASE! I'm really stressed here...

super-shinobi said:

My yearly exam is coming up and im studying alot harder now but I think the stress is overwhelming me and I'm not studying for my other subjects which i WILL be doing next year for HSC. The yearly exam is only 45% of my report mark which means even if I get 100% [impossible] my mark would only be near 50%.

My head teacher said that if I dont pass my exam this time, he would have to give me a 'fail' and that meant I didnt meet the requirements for my Preliminary Certificate, as in I failed 2 units and passed 10 units and I would have to do it again. I asked my year advisor and she said that too. But I asked other students and they said it was a load of crap since Year 11 doesnt count anyway.

PLEASE HELP MEEE. I feel really overloaded right now and i really want to study for my other stuff but I seriously dont want to repeat a year. I dont understand why people who get under 30UAI dont have to repeat yet my teacher is picking on me?? I asked my cousin and he said that his school passes him even if he doesnt get a good mark but maybe my school doesnt?

My sister just says my school is just scaring me coz theyre selective. [yeah 19% in selective -_-" but im all good for my other subjects! but now that im studyting like mad for physics ><" GAHHHH]
They can't fail you unless you receive N awards (that is, you don't finish an assignment/exam without a valid reason). Simply going shit is not a good enough reason for you to fail your course.

Don't worry too much about it, we had a guy who got 2% in his 4unit paper.

huhwotsthis

HSC
i hope i dont have to repeat:(

p.s i got 21% in legal and im keeping it:D

NickBVK

HSC
Wait, holy shit.

If i FAIL a subject in prelim - i have to repeat?

Cos I plan to fail economics and have been quite successful in doing so thusfar...

seakebab

HSC
No way, if I fail a subject in the preliminary course, I shouldn't be forced to repeat year 11.

Coz I'm going to fail my 2u paper. :hammer:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: HELP PLEASE! I'm really stressed here...

No, you don't have to repeat unless you simply don't do the work. (N awards)

bubblesss

HSC
if someone had to repeat year 11 just because they did shit throughout the year and failed their finals then 50% of my school would be repeating in atleast 1 subject. lol. no u won't have to repeat for that.:rofl:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
They won't fail you. Someone got 2/45 in Extension Maths and he is still going to pass preliminary.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Dont worry, they cant make you repeat because you fail a course and by fail I mean get poor marks not get an N. My averages are good for all subjects except maths and ext math I have not studied for both of them and will most like get a 1% in ext and 10% in 2u, that doesnt mean I have to repeat.

I think.
I know lots of people who failed their prelim ( < 50%) in atleast one subject and they are in year 12 now. So DW.

Oh yeah im failing Ext math have not studied for it ( even 2u) cause im dropping ext and gonna work hard in 2u for next year. I hope I dont have to repeat if I fail Math Chem and Phys

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Re: 回复: HELP PLEASE! I'm really stressed here...

tommykins said:
They can't fail you unless you receive N awards (that is, you don't finish an assignment/exam without a valid reason). Simply going shit is not a good enough reason for you to fail your course.

Don't worry too much about it, we had a guy who got 2% in his 4unit paper.
I never knew people did that shit in a selective school. Was he depressed or burned out, or was he a typical procrastinator/lazy shit whom cbf studying?

Like Tommykins and many others have said, they shouldn't tell you to repeat just because you failed in that subject. I know a few people who failed their Economics half yearly and I sense they'll be failing their yearlies as well (lol). But they'll still continue with it for the HSC, and the teachers have no problems with it. BUT if you don't sit for the test or don't even hand in assignments, then fair enough. But you're not in that position. So it's pretty pathetic if they tell you to repeat. Like you said, I'm pretty sure he/she is scaring you.

Good luck with Physics.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

x.Exhaust.x said:
I never knew people did that shit in a selective school. Was he depressed or burned out, or was he a typical procrastinator/lazy shit whom cbf studying?
He didn't care, I think it's because he's basically got a career already as he is VERY adept at computing and basically makes a living out of it already.
A project lasting 1-2 weeks, he gets paid around 5-6k I believe.

He's only doing HSC to basically just do the HSC.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If by fail you mean get less than 50% than no the school can't make you repeat the year/course.

If you fail to meet the requirements of the course, and you should have received N warnings by now if you were in danger of doing that, then they can award an N and you won't have meet the requirements of the Preliminary course, which will affect your eligibility for the HSC as your principal has to sign off to say that you have satisfied the requirements for 12 Preliminary units.

I have taught students in the past who have received final preliminary marks of less than 10% but have been able to go onto to Year 12. There marks were that low due to their continual failure to submit work on time and thus receiving zero for a number of tasks.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC

tommykins said:
He didn't care, I think it's because he's basically got a career already as he is VERY adept at computing and basically makes a living out of it already.
A project lasting 1-2 weeks, he gets paid around 5-6k I believe.

He's only doing HSC to basically just do the HSC.
Ah, fair enough.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
cem said:
If by fail you mean get less than 50% than no the school can't make you repeat the year/course.

If you fail to meet the requirements of the course, and you should have received N warnings by now if you were in danger of doing that, then they can award an N and you won't have meet the requirements of the Preliminary course, which will affect your eligibility for the HSC as your principal has to sign off to say that you have satisfied the requirements for 12 Preliminary units.

I have taught students in the past who have received final preliminary marks of less than 10% but have been able to go onto to Year 12. There marks were that low due to their continual failure to submit work on time and thus receiving zero for a number of tasks.
I hope what you said its true, if so I will fell much more relaxed. I have not studied at all for my prelim exams, I had an infection and missed out on school for a week and this week that just passed I did not feel to good, so I did not study.

super-shinobi

HSC
Thank you everyone for your replies. I feel alot more reassured. I'm really mad at my teachers now. Everyone says Im gullible but I thought it would be unprofessional for teachers to lie to me just to scare me into doing work... [would teachers really stoop that low!?!?!? Ive been stressing for months!] Physics is definitely something I wont be able to cram in 2 weeks so ill just do my best from now...

Thank you so much! Well I intend to sit for the exam.. but Ill probably get around 10% for my final mark xD Thank goodness Im dropping it. God I wana kill my head teacher >.>" Gargh.

In reply to someone about selective students doing that shit. Haha well in my case its yes, I cant be bothered studying. I have no idea why I even chose physics, I guess I thought it would be a safe choice to have at least one science but definitely wrong on that one... and my teachers voice is monotonous so it puts me to sleep... not her fault though, shes really nice.

cem: are you a school teacher? It would be really reassuring if you were :D

Last edited:

rambam92

HSC
at my school they have just introduced something like that whereby each student is given an effort rating - and if your effort rating is below i think 55-65 then u will be forced to repeat - but i think its good since it sorta gives the lazy people an incentive (i guess they just want people to try their best)

fishy89sg

HSC
super-shinobi said:

you have to remember that the UAI is a rank, so theres always going to be people getting 30 no matter how they go

super-shinobi

HSC
wow u gota repeat coz u didnt put enough effort?!?!? what the... LOL id never get out of high school then. wait.. i think id just drop out =]

fishy: i know uai is a rank -_- talk of the obvious. im meaning people who get under 30UAI wouldnt have great HSC marks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)