• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

help please urgent (1 Viewer)

ashlee1

HSC
i need help... what did each of these people do in determining the structure of DNA and in exemplifying the role of collaboration and effective communication in science reasearch
James Watson
Francis Crick
Rosalind Franklin
Maurice Wilkins
any info is much appreciated:)

sikofthis

HSC
There was a race between the two groups crick/watson and franklin/wilkins. Crick/watson didn't do experiments but used other peoples work and talked to everyone and anyone; they analyzed others results.

franklin/wilkins used x ray crystalography ( i think thats what its called) and got 'crystalline photographs' which in the end crick/watson used and discovered the structure.

dunno if that wil help but hey, im not smart, i tried :p

'on giants shoulders' by melvyn bragg might help a bit too; it's mostly about crick and watson. its an english text but it's written so that it's understandable.

miss india

HSC
sikofthis said:
There was a race between the two groups crick/watson and franklin/wilkins. Crick/watson didn't do experiments but used other peoples work and talked to everyone and anyone; they analyzed others results.

franklin/wilkins used x ray crystalography ( i think thats what its called) and got 'crystalline photographs' which in the end crick/watson used and discovered the structure.

dunno if that wil help but hey, im not smart, i tried :p

'on giants shoulders' by melvyn bragg might help a bit too; it's mostly about crick and watson. its an english text but it's written so that it's understandable.
heyy thats pretty cool ha!! u R smart!
....................................................................................
all this helped.. thanx ppl

punk_tartan

HSC
try the hsconline site as well, and the informations hould be avaliable in most biology textbooks, particularily the heineman one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)