Help please :) (1 Viewer)

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Well, i got an assessment coming up, i need to analyze kite runner and two other texts and write an essay answering the question: "life is a journey, not a destination"

so far i have chosen my two texts based on what has been discussed on these forums, i have chosen Wild Hogs (movie) and Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (book)

I know all three texts inside out so i shouldn't have too much trouble explaining them

i was just wondering if those were some good choices, and also could i get some help with what techniques and themes are used in Wild Hogs and LOTR: Return of the king... i have techniques and themes for kite runner, but not for my other sources

all help appreciated...

Barrister

HSC
Whilst LOTR is a great example of a journey, to succeed in an English response you really need to be succinct and detailed inyour analysis. it is my personal opinion that to do a proper analysis of LOTR would take up to much of your time under exam conditions, it is simply too long and involved.

My recommendation: Ditch LOTR and find something short like a poem or short story that can be more easily looked at in a technical light.

kawaiinlove

HSC
Hmm, those choices are difficult but I can understand why you picked them. With Wild Hogs I guess you could talk about the images used at the beginning of the movie that convey the whole midlife crisis for the four guys. Thus, being the beginning of the journey...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)