• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help! please (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leb_gend

hey guys my name is nathan and i just started the HSC and i have been waitiing for this year for ever. Now its here and im like "wats the big deal? theres nothing to do"
I know from mates that they always say "ohh i wish i did this earlier" etc etc etc.... i want to try my best to avoid that state and am more than willing to do extra work i just do not know what to do. I did very very well in my prelims and plan or hope on upholding my marks. I do the following subjects. If anyone could please tell me what to do for each which could be benefitial. By this i mean stuff extra, like things teachers dont give us.
Thanx alot guys, here are my subjects:

Advanced English
Extension 1 english
Maths advanced
Economics
Business
IPT
Studies of religion

Thanx again guys, if anyone wants to email me with anything they want to say my email is n_khoury88@hotmail.com

Cya and thanx

alika

the only subjects i do that you do are advanced english and ext english.
but in order in help you need to say what texts you are doing.
This year my school did inner journey's and studied
-sally morgans 'My place'.

Then for modules papers we did
Transformations - Hamlet and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead
Critical study of text - Gwen Harwoods poetry
History and memory - True history of the kelly gang.

for Ext english we did Genre.
The texts were:
The real inspector Hound
The Big Sleep and
Anils Ghost.

So if you're doing any of those texts lets us know
good luck

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
for english just do heaps of practice essays and you'll be fine. My texts were:
module A - Worsworth's poetry/ Malouf's 'In the wild'
Module B - Citizen Kane
Module C - Frontline
AOS - imaginative journeys - prescribed text: the tempest

for english extension I'm doing revenge tragedy and we did Medea, Revenger's Tragedy and High Noon. I can't really give any advice for english extension because I'm crap at it, but I'm sure handing in essays regularly is the way to go. Also, the key, in my opinion, is to have a great understanding of your set texts, but also have a range of related material, and you should be able to link them to the texts you decide to use.

For eco, make sure you summarise things and revise topics all the time. Do practice papers later, when you've learnt more of the syllabus.

and for maths just keep doing past papers

I can't really help you with the others because I don't do them :)

If you need any help with anything, pm me or send me an email...the address is in my profile

Good luck!

televators

HSC
I did (Advanced)-

Emma/ Clueless (Comparative study)
King Lear (Critical Study)
Frontline (Representations- telling the truth)

AOS- Phys Journeys (Skrzynecki)

Ext Eng (Genre : Crime Fiction)

The Big Sleep
The Real Inspector Hound
The Skull Beneath the SKin

With your english subjects, its comparatively similar to the prelim course, if you went fine in year eleven, you'll be cool in year twevlve, provided you read the texts... even if you're like me in advanced and chose to read 'Emma' during stuvac...lol

Religion is a walk in the park for HSC- (but I only did 1 unit!)- Aboriginals and 1901-present are easy topics, especially if you remember your australian history from year 10

IPT- A lot of content, but fairly easy to grasp- I found it easier than the prelim course...maybe thats because I didnt do any work for it in year 11

HSC
N/A
I did:

Eng AOS: Inner Journey/My Place

Eng Adv:
MODULE A: Transformations - Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead/Hamlet
MODULE B: Prose Fiction - In the skin of a Lion
MODULE C: Telling The Truth - Birthday Letters

Eng Ext 1: Retreat From The Global - Shipping News, Heaney and Lost Salt Gift of Blood

The eng subjects can be easy but to do well you need to know your texts inside out and upside down, particularly for EE1. Do lots of practice essays and past papers! :)

Jezzabelle

:) no worries

Hey matey..
my advice, for ext1 eng.. READ READ READ everything you can get your hands on that is in reference to the module, elective you are doing... and make lil notes about wat you read along the way. then when you come to trial and hsc you will have mountains of related material that you can have available to you for whatever q they throw at you :) its a lot easier to do this throughout the year effort, then the month leading up to HSC :)

with maths, make YOUR OWN summaries everytime you finish a topic, with the key formulas and an example... you learn a lot better by making your own noted then buying/using someone elses.

ummm, for adv and ex eng, try and start reading some more sophisticated writing, so you can improve your vocab.

hmm thats about all i can think of. hope it was some help... (if it was you could rep me :p )

KungPow

HSC
Maths: Pretty much just practice practice practice. It may be cliche but practice makes perfect! Just revise your formulas and applications of those formulas and that should be sufficient for school exams.

If you're doing Retreat From the Global, Good Luck. Took me a while to really understand what the concept actaully was (not even sure if i know what it is now...) Maybe read other people's essays for some pointers?

Actually, if you revise constantly/thoroughly and make sure you understand concepts and stuff, it should be pretty easy. I don't think there's any real "hints" I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)