• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help Please!! (1 Viewer)

Bi~~

HSC
i NEEd to know about 4 unit and 3 unit maths!!! if you do 4 unit and screw it up really badly and you do 3 unit and do well and you have 12 units will it affect you?? because my friend just told me that for 3 and 4 units maths they take one unit of each maths! is that true?! that's not what i've been hearing all year..

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Bi~~ said:
i NEEd to know about 4 unit and 3 unit maths!!! if you do 4 unit and screw it up really badly and you do 3 unit and do well and you have 12 units will it affect you?? because my friend just told me that for 3 and 4 units maths they take one unit of each maths! is that true?! that's not what i've been hearing all year..

If u do 12 units and u stuff up 4 unit maths real bad... then it won't be counted

only ur best 10 units are counted towards ur UAI (not ur highest 10 units... ur best! i.e the ones that help ur UAI out the most)

They do not take 1 unit of each maths... 3 units is a 2unit subject when undetaken with 4 units, and 4 units is a 2 unit subject...

so to answer ur orginal question:

Bi~~ said:
if you do 4 unit and screw it up really badly and you do 3 unit and do well and you have 12 units will it affect you??
No! it won't affect u!... the extra 2 units will be disregarded and thus have no effect on ur UAI!

Bi~~

HSC
physician said:
If u do 12 units and u stuff up 4 unit maths real bad... then it won't be counted

only ur best 10 units are counted towards ur UAI (not ur highest 10 units... ur best! i.e the ones that help ur UAI out the most)

They do not take 1 unit of each maths... 3 units is a 2unit subject when undetaken with 4 units, and 4 units is a 2 unit subject...

so to answer ur orginal question:

No! it won't affect u!... the extra 2 units will be disregarded and thus have no effect on ur UAI!

OMG thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! you're a lifesaver!!!!!!! my friend scared me to death!! because my 4 unit marks are sooo bad..!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! best luck for your exams!!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Bi~~ said:
OMG thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!! you're a lifesaver!!!!!!! my friend scared me to death!! because my 4 unit marks are sooo bad..!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! best luck for your exams!!
thanks and good luck to u too!

although keep in mind, maths Ext 2 is an extremnely difficult subject, It's quite normal to have low marks in 4 unit, the band 6 cut-off for 4unit is very low compared to other subjects... I would think that a 50% RAW mark in 4 units maths is prolly excellent. My sis's friend did her HSC back in 2003, she left out half the 4 unit exam and still managed to obtain a mark in the 80's.

however seeing as u have 12 units, if 4 unit will benefit ur UAI it will be counted... but if it's relatively lower compared to ur other subjects then it prolly wont be counted!... there's no need to worry, just try ur best u may be surprised once u see ur 4 unit result!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)