Help! School stuffed up a couple of my School Cert estimates! (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
Okay, today my School Certificate estimates arrived home today and I know for a fact a couple of them are wrong.

English and Geo are fine as is Computing Skills (the test I actually sat) but Maths, History and Science estimates are incorrect.

My Maths Estimate was '90' however my teacher told me she stuffed up my Maths Estimate and was only told to give me a Band NOT a Band and a mark. She gave me Band 6 (and the BOS probably assumed this just meant 90 because a mark wasn't provided). Also my teacher confirmed that if she had known my estimated mark would have been:

95 Band 6

In History the estimate they gave me was 82. This cannot have been valid because I am ranked first in History in our year and the girl who came second achieved a mark of about 93 in History. Even if they averaged my assessment mark it would have been at least 91 (as I have never scored under 90% in a History assessment this year).

And finally, in Science the mark given to me was 85 when the mark should have been in the early 90's. I was ranked second in assessments (off first by one mark) and I expected a mark of 92 (one below first place). I know people ranked 10 places lower than me that got a higher Science Mark.

I know 100% for sure that they stuffed my Maths estimate and about 99% that they stuffed the other two.

I'll have to contact the school about this I guess. What would you do in this situation?

jbell

HSC
In all honesty, I wouldn't worry too much - it's only a SC and doesn't really count for anything; however, if it makes you feel a bit better, yeah contact the school :)

Focus is Key

HSC
In all honesty, I wouldn't worry too much - it's only a SC and doesn't really count for anything; however, if it makes you feel a bit better, yeah contact the school :)
Yeah the marks don't really mean anything. I know what the marks should have been and I know my real marks for those subjects that they stuffed up. Thanks, I'lljust see how it goes :)

D94

HSC
N/A
It's a redundant qualification/certificate if you choose to go onto the HSC.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Type an e-mail (via DET portal/email) to the head teacher of each respective subject that you want to make a complaint for a mark change request.
Also, marks on Record Of Achievements are much harder to change as compared to a school report so be prepared to be stuck with those marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)