Help... slightly below the cut off for engineering?? (1 Viewer)

HSC2010

HSC
So basically got an 88 atar but wanted to do engineering at UNSW which has a cut off of 91.00...

So i just wanted to know realistically what are my chances of getting into UNSW if i keep it as my 1st preference?

Thanks

HSC
ugh apply anyway you chode

you have a very good chance of still getting in

this advice is very standard and has been said a million times

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
What were your maths marks, you can get 3 bonus points if you got band 5 or E3 in 2unit and 3unit maths.

Also, if your maths marks were not good you might as well cut out engineering straight away

HSC2010

HSC
Got E3 for extension and Band 5 for 2unit... but i was looking before and i don't think i get any points for band 5 in maths...and just 1pt for E3 which takes me to 89

Also with 2nd and 3rd round offers how do they work?... do i accept like an offer from my 2nd preference sydney and then reject it or something if i hear back from unsw at a later date

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
you will most liekly get in

dont be a retard and change your preferences

ultraman8

Banned
HSC
N/A
Going to be a tough road ahead. Just let me tell you this engineering involves maths ext2. and harder things =)

rockman

HSC
i reckon, its his choice to do engg if he wants to....

btw HSC2010 im in the same situation as u i got 88.15 but got 2 bonus points bringing me to 90.15. i was too late to apply for FEAS but check this out:

https://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/feas/apply/help/faq.htm

and read FAQ #10. there a chance to apply for the late FEAS applications on UNSW info day. im gonna try out for that. hopefully ill see u there and good luck :)

p.s. i got b4 in maths and i want to be an engineer

PwnerKebab

HSC
band 4 -.-

mate, i dont even know what to say... good luck? i guess. nah im sure you'll be fine i'll tutor you for high fees

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I can't remember what I got in 2 unit math althoguh I think it was band 4. First year UNSW math wasn't too bad though. Just do most of the work and you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)