HELP! SO stressd ..have i stuffed up my hsc??? (1 Viewer)

x_babee-gurl_x

HSC
hey ! omg im so stressed. I dont know what to do. Ive really played around and stuffed up my first term of year 12. Iv gotten the worst assessment marks for all my subjects besides ancient history and extension history. there not even worth putting up here. lets just say i got zero for a maths test worth 15% and 5% for a maths test worth 15%. im pretty sure im coming 3rd last in maths and last in chemistry. and now with the half yearlys ..i think my average mark will be in the 60's and 70's. have i already screwed up my hsc? my UAI aim is 80's but even 70's i would be happy with i suppose. I would love to get in the 90's and that was my goal at the begining of the year, however i doubt i will get that high the rate im going. i feel like such an idiot for fooling around. i wish i didnt and i regret it so much. If i do really really well in the rest of my assessment tasks and trials aswell as the actual HSC exam and study my butt off, is it possible to get the UAI i want or will get 50 and below. i dont know..
PLS help ! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: my year is very very academic. its so hard to compete with the smart kids. :( ..it would be great to get sum advice from someone whoes been through this or already done the HSC

SUBECTS: biology, chem, adv english, 2 unit maths, ancient history and extension history.
UAI AIM: 70's or 80's

THANKS =) xx

HSC
x_babee-gurl_x said:
and now with the half yearlys ..i think my average mark will be in the 60's and 70's. have i already screwed up my hsc? my UAI aim is 80's but even 70's i would be happy with i suppose. I would love to get in the 90's and that was my goal at the begining of the year, however i doubt i will get that high the rate im going. i feel like such an idiot for fooling around. i wish i didnt and i regret it so much. If i do really really well in the rest of my assessment tasks and trials aswell as the actual HSC exam and study my butt off, is it possible to get the UAI i want or will get 50 and below. i dont know..
PLS help ! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: my year is very very academic. its so hard to compete with the smart kids. :( ..it would be great to get sum advice from someone whoes been through this or already done the HSC

SUBECTS: biology, chem, adv english, 2 unit maths, ancient history and extension history.
UAI AIM: 70's or 80's

THANKS =) xx
Ok first of all, in terms of UAI, 60's and 70's isn't nearly as bad as you might think, if that's before scaling... I averaged around there I think and I ended up with 81 UAI. So it is possible to get what you want, but I won't suggest you keep going as you are because there's so much that can happen between now and the HSC.

Ok you HAVE to catch up in maths. Even if its only a basic understanding of the concepts for the time being! There is no way you are going to improve if you don't go back and learn the maths concepts...

Not to discourage you from trying your best, but try not to be overwhelmed by all academics around you. It is likely that there are people going for insanely high courses like medicine or law or something. Go for what YOU want, because thats all that matters! Getting the UAI you want is entirely possible but you will have to work towards it.

All the best for the HSC! :wave:

woho

HSC
Hey, dont worry so much about maths!! Yes, you definitely have to catch up and learn all the concepts, but the past is the past and you cant do anything to fix that. Remember that in the end, its the rank that counts so try to lift your marks up throughout the year. Study as much as you can for the half-yearlies and you should come out OK.

Also, having academics around you isnt all bad. Make friends with them. Sit next to them in class, ask them to help you. Chances are you'll end up learning a lot more just by doing that then trying to work out everything on your own. Remember you have 11 units, so even if maths or chem is your worst subject, only 1 unit of it counts.

And dw, i had a similar experience last term for 2unit maths, so you're not alone...

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i can feel your pain, babee_gurl...
for maths, the best way to tackle it, i suppose, is to go over textbook examples again and again till you memorize how to do it...no point in doing many questions otherwise. Once you finish (i think 2 contents per day should be enough), move on to other textbooks (maths in focus and cambridge) and then do past papers, you should be able to do really really well. for basic preliminary revision, try Understanding yr 11 maths, perhaps. i stuck to these routine and i was also really behind in maths (i never passed in my first prelim. year, then was passing just during my 2nd prelim year and term 4 last year-e.g. getting 62%for my first assessment task worth 15%) but got 88% in my 2nd assessment worth the same. dont give up!:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)