HELP - Speed Cameras (2 Viewers)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Azamakumar said:
I bet the same figure would appear if they applied the same laws to other license classes.
Probably.

But going the speed limit is easy enough to do. If I can go for nearly 4 years with zero infringements, they can go for one year with zero infringements.

Driving like a granny isn't cool, but neither is catching a fucking bus.

Pace_T

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Chopped stockies, right?
lool no
wat is it with you guys, just cause im wog doesnt mean im a bloody cunt that thrashes around my heavily modded car.
i only thrash friends modded cars :eek:

osamabanana

HSC
you guys seem to know more than me but I was under the impression that if the camera was facing you head on it wouldn't get you as they weren't allowed to take photos of faces or some crap like that. Also how would they get motorbikes if that were the case

CieL

HSC
osamabanana said:
you guys seem to know more than me but I was under the impression that if the camera was facing you head on it wouldn't get you as they weren't allowed to take photos of faces or some crap like that. Also how would they get motorbikes if that were the case
Yeah I used to think that too.

However, my theory of cameras taking two ways got confirmed just two days ago when my bf was driving along this road at night with a speed camera facing us. He saw this Aurion in the right lane going way faster than him and he was like, CHOP IT! CHOP IT!

I looked up at the speed camera and behold, it flashed a white/blue colour three times really fast. Flash was really subtle and didnt seem to light anything up. Even the Aurion didnt know he got chopped until 1-2secs later when I saw him brake really hard..

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
omg stealth flashes! So you wouldn't notice it unless you're looking straight at the camera?

CieL

HSC
Azamakumar said:
omg stealth flashes! So you wouldn't notice it unless you're looking straight at the camera?
Yep. It was the tiniest flash. Even when it was at night.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
CieL said:
Yep. It was the tiniest flash. Even when it was at night.
There are apparently lots of IR ones at night. So if you put enough wide angle infared LED's around your license plate, you could get epic lens flare over the registration and be UNTICKETABLE

(I don't reccomend testing this loony theory)

Pace_T

HSC
called ghost plates or sum shit.. i was thinking of ordering them off the net :lol:
the online demonstration was pretty convincing, too!

Peartie

HSC
47.46.45 said:
There are apparently lots of IR ones at night. So if you put enough wide angle infared LED's around your license plate, you could get epic lens flare over the registration and be UNTICKETABLE

(I don't reccomend testing this loony theory)

dont quote me on this but i thought they were illegal - obscuring your number plate or some shit....so fi a cop saw you with them itd be fine and loss of points anyway.....

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
They don't cover your plate, they're around it. They just make enough glare to render the camera useless, even though you can still see it fine.

michael1990

HSC
All this talk about buying things off the internet that are supposed to be able to obsure your licence plate DO NOT work.

I know this for a fact. My mum is a senior executive for the M5 Motorway. And the cameras they have on the road will be able to pick up any number plate. Not covered.

No lights, no sprays. It all does not work.

michael1990

HSC
She isn't the one disproving it. But all the tests that were conducted when the new cameras were put into place.

These are facts.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Because you're an idiot I'll give it to you in laymans terms, rather than explaining the physics behind it.

Counter technology
Methods used to avoid detection by cameras include:

Removing, falsifying or obscuring the vehicle license plate.
It is often illegal if the plate cannot be read by other people or by a camera. Treatments which claim to obscure the plates from cameras, but leave them visible to other drivers are typically considered to be of dubious efficacy. Such treatments include the use of anti-flash spray that adds a high-gloss finish to the plate (causing the camera's flash to over-expose the picture making the plate unreadable), or an infrared filter (that renders the number unreadable when illuminated by the infrared flashlights of certain speed cameras).

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Treatments which claim to obscure the plates from cameras, but leave them visible to other drivers are typically considered to be of dubious efficacy.

What are you arguing exactly?

Peartie

HSC
i stand by that if something makes the cars number plate unreadable to a camera it would be illegal....hard to pick up by the naked eye - like radar detector things, but if you get pulled over and you have it theyd fine you for it as well im sure....but thats my opinion!

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
yeah i realised that, but the infrared thing should work, physics says so. Not too sure about the spray thing.
They put these new cameras in place because of motorcycles driving in the middle of the e-way lande so the camera would not get them, they then decided to go all out.

I do not know how it works, but Mum said it won't work. They had it tested by police at different speeds also. As some of those 'products' say if you go 100km/h with this the camera will be unable to get you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)