Help study question please for someone who is behind (1 Viewer)

sy37

HSC
This is my understanding of the module on a scale of 1 - 10

Space --> 7/10

Motors and Generators --> 4/10

Ideas to Implementation --> 6/10

Quanta 2 Quarks --> 5/10

In a couple of days, I'm expecting my quanta 2 quarks to be at atleast 8-9 / 10

In a couple of days I'm expecting my ideas to implementation to be atleast 8 / 10

In a couple of days I'm expecting my motors and generators to be atleast 7/10

This is my plan:
1. I'm going to go through the syllabus back to front, and focus on memorising all the content and understanding everything thorougly.

2. I will not do any past papers at the moment, rather I will leave them last i.e. before my hsc physics exam. This is because there is a 5.5 day period between my final exam (physics) and my second-final exam (general)

The idea is that if I understood the syllabus, I can, by extension, answer, to a degree, the HSC questions. Hence it would be a better use of my time if I were to understand everything in the syllabus.

I hope this 2:30 am plan makes sense...

And for some reason, I always do well in multiple choice (75-80%ish) relative to the written responses (50%ish) in past hsc papers. This reinforces the effectiveness of my plan, because I'm at the level where I know enough to know when something is correct, but not know it enough to be able to explain why it is correct.

help

mrpotatoed

HSC
just do past papers you should do so many that you get sick of answering the same questions

Kaido

be.
HSC
Dw, the entire syllabus can be covered in one sitting of 12hours (including 2-3hrs of procrastination) or less. (Can confirm, multiple people have done this, including myself)
As potato said, focus on past papers FIRST, know exactly what type of questions you HATE, find HARD or can't REMEMBER.
Target the associated dotpoints in the syllabus after you've done ~20 papers (which should take no more than 3 days)

So that means 4 days will be gone, the last day should be relatively chill

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Dw, the entire syllabus can be covered in one sitting of 12hours (including 2-3hrs of procrastination) or less. (Can confirm, multiple people have done this, including myself)
As potato said, focus on past papers FIRST, know exactly what type of questions you HATE, find HARD or can't REMEMBER.
Target the associated dotpoints in the syllabus after you've done ~20 papers (which should take no more than 3 days)

I'm sure doing 20 papers is possible in 3 days or less if that's the only subject he's studying...but that's not the case...

atargainz

HSC

What do you use to go through the syllabus? Textbook? or your own notes

michaelhannigan

HSC
This is a suggestion. It has worked best for me. So I printed off past papers whether it be trial, BOS, and half yearly papers and I wrote down all the correct responses for each paper using my notes and online answers if given. Then I read them as you would read notes and highlight everything necessary and what not. And print the paper again blank and answer them. Trust me it works quite well. For me, Ive had to do the actual paper 5 times to get it completely right and get the full marks. Good luck mate. Hope you manage alright!!

michaelhannigan

HSC
And I forgot to mention. If you need me to send you the papers with answers. I will be more than happy to do so! Please let me know if you need any help yeah?

sy37

HSC
And I forgot to mention. If you need me to send you the papers with answers. I will be more than happy to do so! Please let me know if you need any help yeah?
I've got a few myself lying around but I won't hesitate to ask if I need more. Thanks heaps though :drink:

And thanks everyone else too, this shit seems more manageable now

Mr_Kap

HSC
This is my understanding of the module on a scale of 1 - 10

Space --> 7/10

Motors and Generators --> 4/10

Ideas to Implementation --> 6/10

Quanta 2 Quarks --> 5/10
This is me:

Space --> 9/10

Motors and Generators --> 8/10

Ideas to Implementation --> 8/10

Quanta 2 Quarks --> 3/10

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC

IDK if you can understand and apply all the concepts of the whole syllabus in just 1/2 a day. But if your just memorizing then i guess you could. Reading the notes of some band 6ers is a good start (if you haven't made own notes) but then textbook (jacaranda) is your best buddy for all the information. Trust jacaranda

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
This is me:

Space --> 9/10

Motors and Generators --> 8/10

Ideas to Implementation --> 8/10

Quanta 2 Quarks --> 3/10
Qanta is actually the shortest module once you understand the concepts and how things came to be. The only thing pissing me off is the standard model cause it is mostly memorization

PS if you do chemistry then 1/4 of the syllabus would pretty easy

Mr_Kap

HSC
IDK if you can understand and apply all the concepts of the whole syllabus in just 1/2 a day. But if your just memorizing then i guess you could. Reading the notes of some band 6ers is a good start (if you haven't made own notes) but then textbook (jacaranda) is your best buddy for all the information. Trust jacaranda
The only physics notes i have are the Students Guide to HSC Physics. Anyone else want to tell me some good notes i can use in the next 3 weeks.

michaelhannigan

HSC
The only physics notes i have are the Students Guide to HSC Physics. Anyone else want to tell me some good notes i can use in the next 3 weeks.
I reckon the Physics in Context: Forces of life 2nd edition is really good. Like don't even bother reading the notes even if you just do the questions man I guarantee you will understand the content so much better. Or even if you go through dot point, dot point: investigations and dot point: multiple choice- they will help you a lot as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)