help to me? & special needs (1 Viewer)

Emily90

HSC
i need to b hlped wif an english assesment it due after holiday buh i wan fin it by tomoz its on a REFLECTION but idk hw to set out i only think u have to say hw it effect u or sumfin so does sum1 knoe wat format?

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Re: help to me?

yeah layk i know wht u mean cos these eng assgns suk and they take tym away from mine freetym (lols) and yeah i cant helps u or nething but goodluk and if its on REFLECTION idk, but maybe u cud lyk, tork abt ur experinses and stuff lyk that and how dey relate to your assesemnt and the format yeah? kthx

cfair

Banned
HSC

Are you saying this?

I need to be helped with an english assessment, it's due after the holidays but I want to finish it by tomorrow. It's on Reflection... but I don't know how to set it out. I think you only have to say how it effects you or something; Does someone know what format I should use?

Hey Emily,

I suggest talking to your tutor about this.

Kind Regards, Callum

Zephyrio

HSC

Emily90 said:
i need to b hlped wif an english assesment it due after holiday buh i wan fin it by tomoz its on a REFLECTION but idk hw to set out i only think u have to say hw it effect u or sumfin so does sum1 knoe wat format?
So it's a reflection?

It will depend on what your teacher is like. Does he/she like funny, insightful entries or is he/she more like someone interested in the techniques and stuff about texts you've learnt?

It comes down to that. But I would try to make it personalised, like you're talking directly with the teacher, and if it has to do with texts, just outline what you've learnt about them and how it applies to you, the world, etc. Tell funny anecdotes and make your entry endearing. My teacher loves that kind of thing.

van.tango

HSC

And for goodness sake, make sure you use spell check before you hand your (undoubtedly outstanding) assessment in.

cfair

Banned
HSC

that's exactly right, but you do realise that you'd get much more help if you coherently typed your question right?

wait i have an idea

talk your question into microsoft word or enslave your brother to type it for you then copy paste it here

Emily90

HSC

ok i was jus jk but pls help me k or just give me website links o help me write essay cos my teacher is a fat bish and wen ask q she jus yell

cfair

Banned
HSC

I feel mean now, Sorry but I've never done a reflection so I can't help.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

just write whatever you feel like writing. It's a reflection statement, that's all you have to do. Just use lots of "I" sentences.

haaaai troll!

Kujah

HSC
N/A

Emily90 said:
ok i was jus jk but pls help me k or just give me website links o help me write essay cos my teacher is a fat bish and wen ask q she jus yell
Write in english rather than abbreviations first of all. Then maybe we'll be able to help you out.

Kujah

HSC
N/A

A Stone Monkey said:
More like 'English', Kujah.

Hi.:)
Point taken.

Hi! :wave:

"I need to be helped with an English assesment. It's due after the holidays, but I want to finish it by tomorrow. It's on a REFLECTION but I don't know how to set (it) out. I only think you have to say how it effects you or something. So does someone know what format?"
Okay, is your assessment task on an area of study i.e. reflections? Did your teacher gice any specific details on what the assessment task is? Do you have any related texts that you could talk about?

If so, just try a conventional essay format.

Introudction.
Talk about Texts individually.
Explain and describe what the effect is for each text , and how it is conveyed by the composer.
Conclusion.

Last edited:

ellen.louise

HSC

Look, honey. Did you ever play that game at daycare or preschool or whatever where you learn that just because you know what's going on doesn't mean that everyone else does?

Every second you save in typing jargon means another 10 seconds in which we have to translate it into english.

I would love to help you but
1. You need to make sure other people understand you
2. To maximise your english marks you need to get as much practice as possible in expression of your ideas. Basically, you're cheating yourself out of valuable writing experience, every post that you make. I am being serious here. It actually helps.
3. I lost all respect for you when you called your english teacher a fat bitch. What did she do wrong? Have expectations of you? Make you think?

So... go ahead and ask. This time post your actual task though. The specific question. THEN we can help you.

cfair

Banned
HSC

ellen.louise said:
3. I lost all respect for you when you called your english teacher a fat bitch. What did she do wrong? Have expectations of you? Make you think?
it was bish, get it right :).

Emily i'm curious, for exams do you get someone to write for you? or do you just write like that on the PC?

Emily90

HSC

i write mmy own exam but im aloud extra time cos i suck n i m stupid

Emily90

HSC

we go into room n teacher isnt even in there she just check up on us evry 10 mins

cfair

Banned
HSC

ah okay, there is such thing as mild dyslexia.

you come across as someone who is very good at all aspects of english, so that is surprising :).

Emily90

HSC

ye but we in room wif liek 5 peeps

HSC
N/A

magpam, would you know of the causation of your supposed condition?
It sounds pretty cool having people do things for you; but I guess it's somewhat insulting that people consider you to be whatever and all.

Emily90, I've made my best attempts at reading your posts, and having done so, I don't think I can comprehend what you're trying to say. I have tried my hardest, and if I knew, I probably would be too spent to do whatever.
Sorry.

Hey, by the way, could you tell us about your school please? That'd be great.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

lol sometimes I think I'm dyslexic. On some days my mind jumbles the letters around, but since it only happens very rarely i'm just going to chalk it up to my weirdness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)