Help Understanding Question (1 Viewer)

IcyRain

HSC
This is for an in class essay of Module A for advanced.
'While a comparative study highlights similar ideas, primarily it accentuates the distinctive context and values of composers and their texts, To what extent is this made evident.

How would I answer this effectively? Do I mainly highlight differences or similarities? Do I need to incorporate and link the composers context and values into the essay? :confused2:

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
This is for an in class essay of Module A for advanced.
While a comparative study highlights similar ideas, primarily it accentuates the distinctive context and values of composers and their texts, To what extent is this made evident.

How would I answer this effectively? Do I mainly highlight differences or similarities? Do I need to incorporate and link the composers context and values into the essay? :confused2:
Look at the statement that is in bolded text

It's practically saying that although a comparative study (i.e. A study between two texts in this case) shows similar ideas it MAINLY highlights the context and the values of their texts

Make reference to the context of both texts and how they share similar ideas (e.g. It may be love, revenge, etc.) but differ in the way in which they are expressed, but focus more on the context and values of the composer of that specific text (this is because the question says primarily)

The final part of the question is asking to what extent is this evident, meaning that in answering this question YOU have to choose to what extent this is evident

So you can either say to a large extent or a minimal one

It honestly depends on how much evidence you find in your two texts

Hope this helps and good luck :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)