HELP .. What I My Chances Of Doing Well In Textiles For HSC? (1 Viewer)

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
THEdream: successful fashion designer !

but am i cut out for it ?? :confused: i'm in yr11 and my only assesment so far has been a blouse which was meant to be completed already.. but mine is ummm.. still in the making ! lol.. but there's a perfectly good (or should i say, bad) explanation for this.. WELL i have almost NO past experience using a sewing machine =( the last time i used one was in yr7 for the compulsory D&T course.. anywayy almost all of the class, besides me has done textiles in the previous two years as an elective.. so i feel soooo clueless lol.. & always need help doing things

but as 4 the design aspect of the course i think i hav potential.. not 2 brag but yeh thats the reason i want 2 b a fashion design.. anyway my textiles teachers is pretty handicapped & really vague on things so it makes everything heaps hard 2 do well & hard 2 keep up..

ppl who are in yr12 or hav completed the course.. does it get a lot harder from where i am ? or will i b able 2 cope.. also shud i look around 4 some kinda help outta skool lyk wid learning techniques / how 2 sew ??

thanxx heaps !! :)
best of luck 2 the yr12's doing their MTP's .. ;-)

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
heyy alan (i'm assuming thats ur name, if not sorry!)

that's a good point.. thanks! :) yeh not being enthusiastic or engaged in the subject would b a big factor in not doing well .. but as i'm sure that i`m about as interested as u can get i guess i'll be okay.. :uhhuh: still a lil' worried though but thats mainly because i have a dominating social life & dnt study nearly enough! lol.. well so i'm told.. but they (rents & teachers) dont realise just how awesomely talented i am.. i can do BOTH . too easyyy .. anyway thanxx 4 the comment.. i feel better =)

aw wow.. u study at unsw ! hows that going? i'd like to go 2 syd uni or unsw but neither cater for fashion design or any kind of design im pretty sure.. kind of poo..

xx

HSC
Hey, I am in year 12 atm doin td,
year 12 extiles is different to year 11 textile, its kinda simliar, but in yr 12 you do a major porject for the whole year, you can do watever you want, the project is marked out of 50 and it counts for 50% of your grade, i think u can do it, because you have the potentil. alaos the project includes a portfoloio, so if you do crap in your porject you can get your marks for your porftfolo, because both of them are out of 25 marks.
just keep on going at it, you can do it

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
hay "love.is.around",

thanks for the encouragement :) especially seeing as u dont know know me, it's really nice of u.. yeah i definitely will keep on going with it! ;) yeh i have friends in year 12 doing their major projects, they tell me it's a WHOLE lot of work but at least its just the one project all year instead of what you do in the prelim. yr..
i.e gayy mini projects that don't let u have a say in what you're making .. well not ENOUGH say! lol .. anyway thanx again .. how r u going with ur major td project ? is hard come up with an original idea or is just hard to actually create it ?

princess-kat

x__miss.universe
HSC
Without Wings said:
You say you struggle/are behind because you don't have much experience with a sewing machine - do something about this. Find someone who has experience sewing and can help you out, teach you new skills etc so that you have the basics covered and will be able to complete your assessments without having to worry about lacking the skills. Talk to your mum, friend, family friend, relative etc who is a skilled sewer who can help you learn some sewing skills and then spend some time working with them - remember this is working towards your goal :)
hayy "without wings",

thanks for the advice.. you're right! i'm the procrastinator type unfortunately =( but i should really act on finding a solution to my problem & do it soooonnn .. thats why i posted my dilemna ;-) really needed advice on whether i should find another love in life (that would be LAST resort/option) lol or just develop skills, get basic lessons etc. like you suggested.. anyway thanks again ! yep the final goal is scarily getting closer and closer and closer .. time goes really fast.

oh & just out of curiousity did you ever do textiles?

HSC
Yeah, it was a bit at first, ahh time is running out, like less than 4 months, crapppppppp
lol but nah, enjoy TD whislt you can in yr 12. goodluck :D:D:D:D

keelyq

HSC
i was in exactly the same position as you as i hadnt done textiles before nd i didnt even get 2 do it in dt however i had done some sewing as something 2 do at home and my mum also got me into cross stitch as a kid nd she is an x sewing teacher so she often works 2 my advantage if im willing 2 ask her for help
i think it works if u have a passion for it but some of the course can get kinda boring at times but it is all relavant and will help you if you want to get in the feild
im currently doing yr 12 nd if you dont have a teacher who is commited to pushing you through your myp and willing to help then u need 2 find someone who will because i know a girl who is doing the subject by corespondence and she says with out the support of a teacher the course can get increadible hard and she is struggling with her MTP alot
mayb a another teacher who does textiles or find a seamstress who can offer you some lessons but u may b doin some basic work in your class that might help you

Japadict

HSC
Hello 'princess-kat'. You're in a forum, no more msn speak. No lols, 2, etc. It annoys people, such as your younger brother. LOL ROFL GTG BRB XD c u l8r m8 :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)