help what is protein synthesis and DNA RNA (1 Viewer)

>sweet candy<

anyone please
help me with protein synthesis, explain RNA and DNA cos iam so stressed and lost i just dont understand and badly need help please pleease please please..
thank you maryjane
:confused: :confused: :confused:

jims

HSC

>sweet candy<

thanks dude i know what DNA and RNA but i just dont get how they work together i was reading my bio book and like omg iam so going to fail bio.. anyway thanks

Halo

HSC
N/A
Chromosomes are made of DNA wrapped around a protein core.

Note that there are two types of RNA: mRNA and tRNA. A strand of mRNA copies a sequence of DNA triplets (a sequence of three nucleotides on the DNA) when the DNA 'unzips', using complementary nucleotides floating around (note that this is in the nucleus). After copying that information (which is called transcription), the mRNA passes through pores of the nucleous and out to the cell, to the ribosomes (the site of protein synthesis). At the ribosomes, each codon (a complementary copy of the DNA triplet) of the mRNA attracts a corresponding anti-codon (a complementary copy of the mRNA codon) on the tRNA. When a codon and anti-codon match up (called translation), the amino acid which is held by the tRNA is released and chained to the previous amino acid, to form a polypeptide chain (ie. a chain of amino acids). A few polypeptide chains form together to produce a protein.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
lolz, i fink dna replication is sorta easier than protein synthesis.
firstly the double helix of dna unzips (with some enzyme called polymerase), forming two single strand of dnas,
then some nucleotides in the cytoplasm/ nucleus attach themselves to the right one (say if i have att ctg, the nucleotide t will be attached to a and a attached to the next t, etc)
after all the dnas are filled by nucleotides, some other enzyme come in and "glu" them together.
hence, two dna is formed from one initially

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ohh okie..... on that, i think halo explained it quite successfully...

Ziusudra

Be My Only Angel
What do you mean exactly by DNA and RNA? You mean how they are used in the protein synthesis replication process? I can help you with that, I did biology last year for year 12.

Ziusudra

Lucy Loo

lol- i have my biology trial tomorrow and i have no idea about anything- i think i should have studied a bit earlier coz i have modern history tomorrow aswell- man i suck

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by PappaSmurf
If you honestly dont know what RNA is by this stage you have no hope :eek:
Not neccesarily... you still have 10 weeks to learn... its not that hard to learn aswell... i reckon you could condense the biology course into 2 weeks of study...

Thats my thoughts..

ToOL

>sweet candy<
yeah i know what you are confused about i was just as confused about exactly the same thing cos my teacher didnt explaind properly... if u still need help email me and i will explain :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
reckon eh... xiaoie doesn't even remembered posting in this thread.. must be still in hsc when posting it...

Rayven

HSC
I know this post is from a few months ago (and it started two years ago!), I just want to say thankyou for posting it. I have to make a model of protein synthesis/the polypeptide model and this will probably come in handy. Thanks guys! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)