help!! what should i be up to for my major work? (1 Viewer)

*RiNa*

HSC
hey, im still doing my experiments for my major work.. and i wanted to know whether i am starting on my major work too late..
i dont want to freak out, but i want some idea what i should b up to. Can anyone help me??

vandy88

HSC
*RiNa* said:
hey, im still doing my experiments for my major work.. and i wanted to know whether i am starting on my major work too late..
i dont want to freak out, but i want some idea what i should b up to. Can anyone help me??
my teachers telling my class that we should have started on our major works by now but im doing some of my experimentation and some of my major work at the same time. The teacher said thats ok as long as we include some of our experimentation in our major works. Whats your focus area? Im doing textile arts but my teacher says that i have too much work to do to still be on my experiments. it doesnt help that she wants the first part of our folios (design inspiration and development in by tue 28/2

*RiNa*

HSC
i am doing textile arts aswell, so thats pretty bad then.. i am only doing a few experiments at the moment, but im starting on my major work now.. even though i just changed my original idea slightly the other day.. thanks for the advise

Wizz_Fizz

HSC
hey well im doing my textiles by correspondence and i have done heaps of my MTP but not much of the writtenwork just doing all ma practical because there is a lot

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
hey wizz fizz what r u making?

ladies ive just started on my major work . no experiments what so ever as i had to make my own pattern .. btw im makin a 18 centuary romantic era dresss.. omg the pain

chocoholicnella

HSC
hey guys
my teacher is making us do our project in callico first as an experiment...
im like only up to just finishing my skirt on the callico and now about to source my material for it then start on my top in callico and then the selected fabric
im behind on my folio simply beacuse i am stuck on the very first section the inspiration bit argghhhh stressful.
im doing elizabthen era making a skirt and stop and possibly a waistbelt with it
hopefully it will work out good luck all

jessica.89

HSC
My major work is for textiles&design.

I have tried experimenting with a different material and I got that done. I have started cutting out my actual material now and yeh.

K.T.

HSC
OMG people. You have all done so much. I havent started at all so i must be in heaps of trouble, I mean my teachers told me we should be started and stuff but i dont really want to cause im worried i might stuff it up or sumthin.
Is anyone else worried bout stuffin it and having to start again to fix it all?

Anyway goodluck with it everyone, we're all gonna need it to get it finnished i think.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
K.T. said:
OMG people. You have all done so much. I havent started at all so i must be in heaps of trouble, I mean my teachers told me we should be started and stuff but i dont really want to cause im worried i might stuff it up or sumthin.
Is anyone else worried bout stuffin it and having to start again to fix it all?
agreed oh its is so haaarrrrdddd

has everyone started hating their work or am i the only one each time i look at i feel the need to rip it up ohhhh it so ugly

kandi_cloud

HSC
i dont knwo how frustrating it is for you but when i go to class to continue my thing i dont have a clue what to do because basically i dont have techinques set out to complete... it's so frustrating coming to class not knowing what to do and yet my teacher looks at my fabrics i bought earlier and tells me to just go do something with it... and by the end of the lesson i've come up with something... are you guys finding the portfolio hard or is it just me ?? newayz im pretty behind on my written work but i think im pretty on track with my pratical... by the way im making big butterfly wings attached to a corset and my focus area is costume...

nickienoo

HSC
hey everyone. i am just about 1/3 into my project but i have 2 do an oral presentation in 2 weeks. what does that mean? does any one know? do i have 2 have the project completed by then? or is it jus written stuff. and what written stuff? help.

heysalovesyah

HSC
hey guys.. my whole class is almost finished their dresses.. most of us are making really big dresses... most of which are like the ones for formals.. they all want to wear them.. hahah pity about me.. as im a guy and all.. hhaha anyways.. im so happy.. i just have to say that today i got my bottom started on my dress.. they bodice is done.. just needs the boning and eventually ill get it all closed up and stuff.. but today i started my bottom piece.. which is altimately beautiful haha its great.. its all tulley haha.. its all blue.. why did you all do ur experiments first when dresses take much longer than an experiment? How are you all on your portfolios? I havent started mine.. i need to find stuff on my inspiration.. Speaking of which I have a speech about my dress I have to do..
Ill chat to ya's later..

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
vogues update

i have completed half my bodice need to sew up boneing and lining

half done my skirt meaning ive done the lining and pinned 12 layers of silk , chffon and tulle to it

in my words earlier today " one ugly pink beast" but i cant wait to finishe it

for my portfolio i have only doen the first two sections man it took forever becasue i have sloth like characteristics. but today i actually bough the folder to put it in and its so preettyy ahhhhhooooooooowwwwwwhhhhhhhhhh ..........................getting carried away!!!

dan:.

HSC
回复: help!! what should i be up to for my major work?

omg thats sounds soo good vogue!! im so jealous im really hating my idea but its way to late to change it.... im doin a 1950s dress with modern techniques and applique on the skirt..its so crap... i have soo much to do..i dont think im goin to have a holidays before the trials *crys* ive onli done like 15% im so stressed! im doin visual arts aswell and ive been spending more time on my artwork cos it doesnt have seams that have to be "perfect" :(
is anyone here going to study fashion design next year? i really want to get into uts or east sydney tafe but its so competative!!!! goodluckkk!!! xxx

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Re: 回复: help!! what should i be up to for my major work?

dan:. said:
omg thats sounds soo good vogue!! im so jealous im really hating my idea but its way to late to change it.... im doin a 1950s dress with modern techniques and applique on the skirt..its so crap... i have soo much to do..i dont think im goin to have a holidays before the trials *crys* ive onli done like 15% im so stressed! im doin visual arts aswell and ive been spending more time on my artwork cos it doesnt have seams that have to be "perfect" :(
is anyone here going to study fashion design next year? i really want to get into uts or east sydney tafe but its so competative!!!! goodluckkk!!! xxx

oh hunni hate mine to right now and i totally understnad with u and all the extra work so far i am dying with all the crap i have to do

yeah after scholl i also wan to do fashion design but i noe i will never get into uts i mean 90 blahshhh its sooooooooo scary but hopefull i can get myself in the hard way like internign and goin to tafe but my rule watever happens happens

also i htoguh maybe for everyone we can post up picks of ours once were finshed im so for it its i just gotta get it done haahah thatll be the day!!!

ITS FINISHED OMG IM POSTING UGLY PICS WEN I CAN FIND THE CAMERA

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)