Help with Early (Selective) Entry questions (1 Viewer)

jo_m

HSC
I'm really having trouble. I'm applying for an arts degree (my marks don't really measure up but I figure there isn't harm in trying) and I have come to this question:
Briefly explain why you are interested in the degree you have selected. Also let us know your career aspirations and what you will bring to the degree.

This is what I have at the moment, but it seems a bit too much waffle.
I am interested in this degree because it offers the flexibility of a double major. I have a passion for language and English, and want to be an English teacher; an arts degree will offer me the flexibility to study both these subject in depth. I will bring my passion; I truly believe that language is beautiful. We can be transported to a place we've never known, or to one we know all too well. Language has the ability to change another person's entire perspective and affect their life. This passion is why I want to pursue an English major. What better drive than passion? From it stems dedication and this I will certainly bring to the course. I want to be a teacher to pass on my fervour to a new generation; to help them understand why it is important and to encourage them to really appreciate language. I want to make a difference in their lives.

Any suggestions on improvements, and a couple of things I should talk about regarding the advantages of an arts degree in general?

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Well this Early Entry has obviously changed since last year, which I think is a little odd but I can understand why I guess...

But just use dots points. It's easier to write, easier to read and doesn't mean that you're carrying on with any unnecessary stuff. It does say briefly, so I guess you just have to say that you're interested in the flexibility that is provided and the fact that you're passionate about languages and this degree offers the opportunity to major in it. Then about what you'd intend to do with it - so teaching.

jo_m

HSC
Thank you very much. I was just worried because it is an English degree/major, they would expect you to write a full paragraph, but I stick to the dot points to keep my ideas clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)