help with estimate please (1 Viewer)

untamed_animal

Hi I go to a non-selective school. I was wondering if someone can help me estimate around what ill get for my UAI. I got it estimated before but it was only estimated to be 80. Anyways, heres what im getting, along with number enrolled and average compared to state(from previous year, 2003):

Maths: 94/100 (1/35) about 5% above state average
Maths EXt1: 39/50 (2/15) about 11% above state average
SDD: 90/100 (1/11) about 9% above state average
Biology: 90/100 (1/28) about 5% below state average
English Adv: 70/100 (3/22) below state average (not sure how much)
Physics: 83/100 (1/18) about 2-3% above state average
SOR 1 unit: 47/50 (1/30) about even with state average

Thank in advanced for any help

acidicFury

looking quite good to me, you should shit on 80 if you keep that up.

90+, around the mid ninety mark.

untamedanimal

However, my english assessment was just decorating some paper bag. So im pretty confident that with the proper exams, ill be able to get close to 80. Will this drastically improve my mark?

Blackalicious

HSC
yes, as two units of english HAVE to count so the higher your marks in english are the better

untamedanimal

How about class average, in particular maths. My school is general pretty good for a non-selective school at maths (i think it was ranked 120 or so last year in the state). Last year it was weel above state average, but this year i think too much people were affected by the 'choose hard subjects are you're guaranteed to do well' virus and thus some a pulling down the average, which at the moment is below previous years. Would the average pull down my mark ALOT? Especially for the subjects where im getting in the 90s for?

Blackalicious

HSC
i dont think that they'll pull down your marks that much because your comming about first and doing VERY well. Dont worry about the class average just try to keep comming in the top 5

acidicFury

Originally posted by untamedanimal
How about class average, in particular maths. My school is general pretty good for a non-selective school at maths (i think it was ranked 120 or so last year in the state). Last year it was weel above state average, but this year i think too much people were affected by the 'choose hard subjects are you're guaranteed to do well' virus and thus some a pulling down the average, which at the moment is below previous years. Would the average pull down my mark ALOT? Especially for the subjects where im getting in the 90s for?
No, the relative differences between your mark and their marks will make sure this doesn't effect you.

Affinity

HSC
95+.. but again.. it's all up to you(your performance in the externals). I was in a very similar situation last year when I did my HSC.

stamos

sellout
HSC
90+

There's insufficient info for me to tell you just how well you can go

i'd say your english would hold you back from 97+ though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)