Help With 'Feliks Skrzynecki' (1 Viewer)

Rickbrah

HSC
i need to know how this refers to belonging i have a few points but i need some more help

any help would be much appreciated :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Rickbrah said:
i need to know how this refers to belonging i have a few points but i need some more help

1st stanza = use of cliche "..kept pace only with the joneses of his own mind's making" suggests how he is his own man - he belongs to himself

1st stanza = use of hyperboles such as "spent years walking its perimeter" and "swept its path 10 times around the world" indicates his enormous dedication for the garden, his little kingdom he created. This shows how he "belongs" to the garden.

1st stanza = simile "Loved his garden like an only child" shows how he belongs to the garden by representing his affection towards it

3rd stanza = "His polish friends shook hands too violently...I thought" and "that formal dress I never got used to" represent his sense of NON-BELONGING

In the stanza 3, we see how the past cuts peter off his dad. peter isn't aware of the memory and past experience that his father went through. On the other hand, his dad has a shared experienced as a farmer with his mates.

I can talk about 100+ techniques and other belonging ideas but I don't have much time at the moment. I will come visit here later to help you out.

hingec

HSC
My whole class had to write an analysis about this poem, and I have all of them. Its a bit of a hassle to type them out/read them again though - so if you need this for an assessment task urgently i will do it, but if its just for homework or something I think I will pass!

bree09

HSC
Heyy. This above was very usefull :).. Im currently in yr 12 and have my half yearlys on Peter Skrzynecki's poems, and im using Feliks and St Patricks as my two main poems.. Do you have any more helpful hints and techniquess for mee?

It'd be much appreciated.. Thankyouuu

bree09

HSC
1st stanza = use of cliche "..kept pace only with the joneses of his own mind's making" suggests how he is his own man - he belongs to himself

1st stanza = use of hyperboles such as "spent years walking its perimeter" and "swept its path 10 times around the world" indicates his enormous dedication for the garden, his little kingdom he created. This shows how he "belongs" to the garden.

1st stanza = simile "Loved his garden like an only child" shows how he belongs to the garden by representing his affection towards it

3rd stanza = "His polish friends shook hands too violently...I thought" and "that formal dress I never got used to" represent his sense of NON-BELONGING

In the stanza 3, we see how the past cuts peter off his dad. peter isn't aware of the memory and past experience that his father went through. On the other hand, his dad has a shared experienced as a farmer with his mates.

I can talk about 100+ techniques and other belonging ideas but I don't have much time at the moment. I will come visit here later to help you out.

Heyy, This was very helpful!! I have yr 12 half yearlys next week on the immigrant chronicles and i've decided to study Feliks and St patricks college in-depth as my two poems.. any more helpp with these twoo would be much appreciatedd.. thankyouu:(

E

Empyrean444

Techniques Peter S uses: enjambment, enjambment, enjambment and dead metaphors.

But seriously, find an enjambed line (you know what this is right?) which has an explicit reference to belonging/lack thereof and comment on how the enjambment causes this line - and thus the belonging related sentiment expressed therein - to be accentuated.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

But seriously, find an enjambed line (you know what this is right?) which has an explicit reference to belonging/lack thereof and comment on how the enjambment causes this line - and thus the belonging related sentiment expressed therein - to be accentuated.
What is dead metaphor?

bree09

HSC

Thanks heaps for that :) much appreciated.

Im using Felik's and Migrant Hostel in my half yearly to know in-depth.
Any ideas with Migrant Hostel?

Exam on mondayy:eek::read:

pmt

HSC
this anthology is so gay hate it in my roots poems suxk

tiddles345

HSC
I'm just a TAD sick of poetry right now......half yearly's on monday....wish i had of dropped to standard ...now its too late lol

MaddiEcstatic

HSC
i'm the hundreth person to say how good this is =) thanks,
I'm doing Feliks Skrzynecki and Post Card and relating them to Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka and Into The Wild (film), with isolation and belonging within one's family/having a sense of identity when one is isolated from one's family. something like that.
any thoughts?

meatray

HSC

there is a sense of belonging thought the blood bound relationship of father and son. refering to the first line first in the first stanza the use of the 'My gentle father' peter has purposly used the word 'My' first to illustrate he is proud to be his son. hope that helps. let me guess year 12 english?

Alison..

HSC
Hi, I need to know how this poem reflects the inconsistency in human behaviour and motivations and how it reflects on human qualities and emotions.

Any help will be appreciated. 😊

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)