Help with reading results! (1 Viewer)

smarties07

HSC
The marks say "Examination Mark", "Assessment Mark", "HSC Mark" and "Band Performance".

Does anyone know what the difference between these columns is? Particularly the first 3? Thanks!!

Kieran95

HSC
exam mark = how you went in hsc exam
Assess mark = how you went throughout the year
hsc mark = average of the other two

skyscraper

Goin Up
HSC
HSC mark is the combined average of your examination assessment mark.

ellie95

HSC
N/A
For chemistry i was getting 85's and ranked 1st but says assessment mark is in the 70s why? Similar to business in the 90S ranked first now fell to 80s. How?

smarties07

HSC
Me too! I got mid-90s for Ancient History but then now it says 80s? I'm confused

MVP_MVP

HSC
The assessment mark isn't based off your school mark, its based off your school rank
Basically you receive the X ranked HSC mark in your cohort as your assessment mark, where X is your school rank.
Otherwise derp schools can just set easy tests and everyone would get 100

smarties07

HSC
Ok so I'll give an example. I got 95 in school (1st place) for Ancient, but then on the website it says my assessment mark is 89. I'm not sure how that changed...explain please :)

MVP_MVP

HSC
Then I can infer that your exam mark was equal to or less than 89.
Basically, you leeched off the best guy in your class, who got 89.
It may be yourself. But I know from this that no one in your cohort got above 89 D:
What you get in the school assessments DOESNT MATTER
only your SCHOOL RANK does

smarties07

HSC
Ok thanks, looking over everything I get it now. Sorry, we were never explained this in school, we were all just under the impression that we'd get one mark for each subject :/

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Please remember that the assessment mark also reflects the gaps between the ranks and isn't a direct 2nd exam mark becomes 2nd assessment mark - for everyone other than 1st and last the assessment marks reflect the gaps as well as the ranks and can therefore be different to the gaps in the exam.

School marks are to determine ranks and gaps and otherwise mean nothing.

The exam is the only common assessment task and so is used to moderate the schools' marks - if there was no such procedure schools would simply send in all students with really high marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)