help with some space dot points (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Can somebody help me with the following dot points, im a dum footballer sorry.

>explain that a change in gravitatinal potential energy is related to work done.

> Define the term orbital veocity and the quantitative and qualitative relationship between orbital velocity, the gravitatinoal constant, mass of the central body, mass of the satellite and the radius of the orbit using keplers law of periods.

> describe a gravitatatinal feild in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effects on other masses in it.

>define newtons's third law of uneiversal gravitation.

F=G m1 m2/d2 (squared)

>present infomation and use avalilable evidence to discuss the factors affecting the strength of the gravitational force.

Thanks alot :)

Oh and one more question:

the third dot point has the eqation:

E = G m1 m2 / r

But isnt there a - (negitive sign) before the G??

is it just my syllabus that has an error?

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
nah i have a shit load of summarys to make in shit all time:(, i have half yearlys soon and i am tied up with heaps of other stuff, sorry

ratherbesleepin

Glad that someone else is having the same problem as me!!!;)

These points are all additions to the new sylabus, so no textbooks have the info and the teacher didn't teach it. :rolleyes: I cant find the answers anywhere.

Please help!!!!:)

kini mini

HSC
Sorry, I should have picked up on this topic a lot sooner but I've been a tad busy in the last few days :).

BTW countrydude, I think you should definitely get Jacaranda and perhaps other books such as Success One as you were saying in the textbook thread.

1. Explain that a change in gravitational potential energy is related to work done.

There is an excellent explanation of this here, at CSU.

2. Define the term orbital velocity and the quantitative and qualitative relationship between orbital velocity, the gravitational constant, mass of the central body, mass of the satellite and the radius of the orbit using keplers law of periods.

There's a hell of a lot in this question :p. Show the relationships between the equations and then talk about them.

3. Describe a gravitational field in the region surrounding a massive object in terms of its effects on other masses in it.

Essentially, massive objects attract other massive objects within their gravitational fields exerting a force given by Newton's equation for gravitation.

4. Present infomation and use avalilable evidence to discuss the factors affecting the strength of the gravitational force.

Look in a textbook or here

the third dot point has the eqation:

E = G m1 m2 / r

But isnt there a - (negative sign) before the G??
Yes - see the link I posted before for an explanation. CSu does not include a derivation, I don't think it's essential, but you can look it up.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
you can pretty much stick with csu for most dot points.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Re: Re: help with some space dot points

Originally posted by kini mini

2. Define the term orbital velocity and the quantitative and qualitative relationship between orbital velocity, the gravitational constant, mass of the central body, mass of the satellite and the radius of the orbit using keplers law of periods.

There's a hell of a lot in this question :p. Show the relationships between the equations and then talk about them.

its been chopped from the syllabus thats what i think... but its good to understand anywayz

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Re: Re: Re: help with some space dot points

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

its been chopped from the syllabus thats what i think... but its good to understand anywayz

sorry but i think u r wrong!!!:(
this dot point is very much in da syllabus......but in a slightly modified way......

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Re: Re: Re: Re: help with some space dot points

Originally posted by elizabethy

sorry but i think u r wrong!!!:(
this dot point is very much in da syllabus......but in a slightly modified way......
*gets out his syllabus and checks it

sorry its not there unless its in some other form

under section 3 of 9.2 Space theres only 4 students learn to:
dot points which are

gravitational field
newton's law of universal gravitation
relating it to satellites
and slingshot effect

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help with some space dot points

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y

*gets out his syllabus and checks it

sorry its not there unless its in some other form

under section 3 of 9.2 Space theres only 4 students learn to:
dot points which are

gravitational field
newton's law of universal gravitation
relating it to satellites
and slingshot effect
*checks it once more

actually its there:eek: in another section

sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)