Help with study? (1 Viewer)

Muso7

HSC
Hi!
I'm sorry that my post is so cliche but I was wondering if you had any advice in how to study for these specific subjects..

Biology

English adv

English ext

English ext 2 (But I suppose you can't really study for that.. lol hm)

Studies of Religion

Visual Arts

Music

:)

Sofstar

HSC
Dot points for biology! And then reading the information and go over it in your head so that you know you can explain it if someone asks you about it.
I'm not really sure how to study for music either......maybe write summaries on the pieces you've analysed?

Muso7

HSC
thanks sofstar :D!

f3nr15, if you PM me ur email i'd be happy to help u with ur english

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
My SOR class is a bludge, and we hardly get any work done. Having said that, the thing you only really do need for SOR is the syllabus, and a good set of notes, then you're pretty much covered in terms of marks. I don't even have that and I'm going well.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Do tons of aural questions for music. Provided you do music 1. And also play a hell of a lot so you can nail the perfs at the end.

mithril1337

HSC
Lol soulsearcher half my classes are bludges and frankly im not very happy about it :( . I just wanted some help regarding how to study with conviction and following a set time table. NOOOO im stressing soo much , i walk on the street like a deluded hobo, plz help and muso 7 i was wondering if u could help me too (i do adv english) POLZ help. YEah and how the hell do you keep going in sckool I find that i just lose "drive" in school Do u guys eat something special. POlz tell

how the Earth do i get a sig HEEELP

-pari-

HSC
N/A
english adv: practice writing - essays/ creative response etc
english ext : as above

sor: like soulsearcher said. its a heavily theory based subject, and exams are just regurigtation of knowledge. know your syllabus dotpoints.

pinkly

Hands are handy.
HSC
mithril1337 said:
how the Earth do i get a sig HEEELP
Be adventurous, click every link on this page.

But, if you're afraid: User CP on top left-hand side > Edit Signature.

jaaaaay

HSC
eng/eng1: practice essays, know your related/stimulus/core texts really well, do heaps of reading (in general), talk to your eng teacher about anything you’re unsure of as much as you can – if you have a crap teacher, try your head teacher =]

music: this one is pretty obvious – practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practice!!! xD
but im afraid i don’t do music =.= because apparently if you don’t already have amus by year 10... then im better off doing more units of maths to maximize my result… *sigh*

Muso7

HSC
wow i feel so fancy coz so many people replied yayy :D thanks heaps everyone for ur help, i'll investigate it all this week :)

mithril1337, i'll help u w/ engish :) if u private msg me on here, i can give u my email and all that jazz ,also in school when the teachers aren't watching i'll sneak some grapes or carrots. It helps heaps !

fharrison

HSC
sorry, i only do SOR the same as you, but in general...
  • don't stress- it only makes things worse
  • draw mind maps, pics, speak info onto a recorder or something so you can just listen and take it in when you are tired
  • put your diagrams all over you bedroom walls, bathroom door, write info on your arms- if you see it enough you're sure to take it in
  • try explaining the info to someone else- you'll get back to the basics and remember and learn it yourself in the meantime.
  • remember when your studying- there are a few thousand others in the same boat. school and uni are meant to be the best years of your life (how depressing!) so enjoy it while you can. there are always other ways to get where ever you want
best of luck!:)

mithril1337

HSC
Muso7 said:
wow i feel so fancy coz so many people replied yayy :D thanks heaps everyone for ur help, i'll investigate it all this week :)

mithril1337, i'll help u w/ engish :) if u private msg me on here, i can give u my email and all that jazz ,also in school when the teachers aren't watching i'll sneak some grapes or carrots. It helps heaps !
OMG thx but since im a newbie and all, how do i pm EEK!.

O and pinkly do you know any image hosting sites
please help out a hsc student in need.

Muso7

HSC
mithril1337 said:
OMG thx but since im a newbie and all, how do i pm EEK!.

O and pinkly do you know any image hosting sites
please help out a hsc student in need.
hey :D i'm a newbie 2, dont worry haha well i just figured out that you need to click on my name and a few link thingies will be there. Then you click on the one that says "private message jacqui" or something like that :)

fharrison said:
sorry, i only do SOR the same as you, but in general...
  • don't stress- it only makes things worse
  • draw mind maps, pics, speak info onto a recorder or something so you can just listen and take it in when you are tired
  • put your diagrams all over you bedroom walls, bathroom door, write info on your arms- if you see it enough you're sure to take it in
  • try explaining the info to someone else- you'll get back to the basics and remember and learn it yourself in the meantime.
  • remember when your studying- there are a few thousand others in the same boat. school and uni are meant to be the best years of your life (how depressing!) so enjoy it while you can. there are always other ways to get where ever you want
best of luck!:)
thanks so much !!

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
imageshack.us for all your image hosting needs.

Google for every other question you will ask today.

For extension 2 English too, I'd recommend writing a lot and showing it to everyone you can, no matter who. A girl in my class got some great ideas from a Standard student, so there must be something there.

Also, another thing I have found so far is that no matter your medium, make sure to fully research every little tidbit of subject matter so you know exactly what you are talking about.

Another general bit of advice too is to try and get a teacher at your school that you get along with to be your mentor to help you through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)