Help with what to do at Uni (1 Viewer)

igotoschool

HSC
Posted this in General HSC Group already, but:
So I have no idea what to pick for UAC preferences.
I predict my ATAR will be around 80 - early 90s.

- Interested in science (something to do with Biology, Neuro stuff, Immunology, kinda biology at a cellular or gene level)
but would like to do something humanities related, however, not sure what humanity type courses are out there that would actually help in getting a job after.

- Also considering engineering but not sure which to do.
How heavy is physics/Ext Maths needed to understand and enjoy engineering? I only do General and no physics or chem.

- I'd like to do some kind of research too. But I know that job prospects aren't exactly 100% and I don't think there is a specific degree for this... unless anyone knows otherwise?

Yeah, so basically I just need course ideas that are some kind of mish mash of these i guess. Thanks in advance! :fish:

Last edited:

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to get into aeronautical engineering then maths is very, very heavy (and even more so for space engineering). I know some very smart people and a lot of them find aero subjects hard, and space subjects even harder. Definitely don't go into either of these if you "think aircraft and spaceships are cool" or something like that, and if you do choose to go into engineering know that while it is a lot of fun, it can be very demanding.

Maybe you could look into a B Science/B Arts double degree. The ATAR requirements are mid-80's I think and you can do both biology and whatever humanities you want (USYD has a ton of Arts majors). Read through some uni websites about what majors you can do in Arts and Science. Not too sure about research in science though, I'll let someone more knowledgeable about that answer it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)