• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

HELP !!!Year 12 HSC summer school program (NSW Uni) TSFX (1 Viewer)

SarahY11

HSC
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hey guys
I want to know if any of you have been or know some one who has been in the school for excellence year 12 HSC Summer School
It is held in the University of New South Wales
they have some subjects and they will teach you in the holiday (you have to pay)
so my question is are they useful? has anyone been there or heard that it is good?
I'm planning to go for General Maths and Business studies

thanx for your help

chriskoss

HSC
Hey Sarah, I just enrolled in the TSFX program at Sydney Uni. I have talked to people who have attended and yes it does really help!, so I am particulary interested in going as sine year12 started for me I'm not going too great!

I sent you a PM with more info, cheers

andrewthe1st

HSC
Hey,

Yes i'm inrolled in for it for modern... i don't know if i shoudl do it for english though.. what do people think?

designerbaby

HSC
hey im interested in going for business studies && legal.
i've heard from past students, it's a big help, but i was wondering, is it too late to enrol now?

simply.me

HSC
i;ve been there for this free lecture on how to improve ur HSC results , was okay. but i have no intention of going again, i mainly got boredd ! and most of it was general knowledge, have u started ur summer program ?
hows it going ?

jessica.ann

HSC
im doin maths and english at the nsw uni one and art and creative writing at the syd one

out of all of my subjects these are the only ones i cud find in their summer schools.... no one offered geography!!!!

designerbaby

HSC
yeah i went to the free lecture aswell, your right! most of it was general knowledge.. but i'm assuming the summer school program might help, and even if it doesnt..i doubt it'll worsen anyones uai [=

IS TOO LATE TO ENROLE? does anyone know?

loz8888

HSC
Hey what was the free lecture? was it the degree in a day at sydney uni or something else? did anyone else go to degree in a day?
Im doing the 3 day english course, essay writing/exam techniques etc and visual arts at sydney uni? is anyone else going there?

SarahY11

HSC
I haven't heard of one in sydney Uni
yeah i'm going to the business studies lecture

for the person who asked if its too late to apply well it is late but you can still come, i will write what it says about this on the paper they sent us

CAN MY FRIEND TURN UP WITHOUT BOOKING AND PAY ON THE DAY?
answer: technically no. the lecture notes that we provide are substantial and costly, and we don not produce more copies than those we need. If your friend turn up on the day, it is possibe taht we will not have any notes for them. They are welcome to enrol on the day ONLY if they are happy to have their notes posted out after the program (thats if we do not have any spare copies left) and ONLY if they are prepared to take risk being turned away if there are no seats available. Payments on the day are strictly in the form of CASH or MONEY ORDER(from Australia post)

but you can call them now and tell them their number is

1300 364 173

SarahY11

HSC
loz8888 said:
Hey what was the free lecture? quote]

the free lecture finished we already went to it long time ago
it was about some study skills how to prepare for exam, how to remember things etc, this kind of things

mdnofxtc

HSC
hi sarah :) did u hear from anyone thats already been to tsfx?

SarahY11

HSC
hello
yes chris sent me this "Hey Sarah, I just enrolled in the TSFX program at Sydney Uni. I have talked to people who have attended and yes it does really help!"
he emailed me and he said he has asked people that have been there and they told him their lectures are really good especially the notes they give, so probably they do a good job so i'm going to try them for business studies only
sydney uni offers a lecture for hsc too, i haven't heard anything about them but i know they offer a lecture too, here is their site if you like to check it http://www.edassist.com.au/category.do?idCateg=75

i suggest you do a lecture for one subject which u need more help in and if it was good then maybe they will offer lectures again so you can go to them
you can call them and see if they will have another lecture during the year

good luck :)

8loons

HSC
Is this the one that includes English- Module A, B, C and Area of study? How do you resgister online? Or do you have a phone number. Please help!

~caramello~

HSC
8loons said:
Is this the one that includes English- Module A, B, C and Area of study? How do you resgister online? Or do you have a phone number. Please help!
lol. Yea, They have english like around 7 parts and an essay writing lecture too. Its too late to register online, but you can call them on 1300 364 173.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)