Help!! (1 Viewer)

scuba.me

HSC
sigh. i am SO over my PIP.

my topic/thesis statement is basically "how society defines gender".
it is so boring.

it's a bit late to change, huh? i've got to have a draft in in about 1-2 weeks. i wish i had thought of the change earlier.

how can i make it more interesting??

also, i was wondering if you guys could help me with the structure of my information?

this is what i've got so far:

CROSS-CULTURAL COMPONENT
*males and females
*views of gender through time????

CONCEPTS
*media (influences)
* culture and society - expectations

CHAPTER ONE
*intro to the concept of gender
* why society's views are an issue/are important - problems/effects
* previous views of gender

CHAPTER TWO
* how previous views have influence views today - misconceptions/stereotypes
*modern influences - misconceptions/stereotypes
*how this has e/a?ffected gender in society?

CHAPTER THREE
this is the main bit i'm struggling with. i was thinking of possibly talking about how to break the misconceptions and stereotypes, and what the current view is... i'm so lost.

does anyone have any ideas or contributions???

you'd have NO idea how much i'd appreciate it.

feel free to PM me or just reply.

thanks guys :)

xo

Kulazzi

HSC
another cross-cultural component can be the individual's own ethnic culture. For example, even though we live in a multicultural Australian society, my ethnic culture encourages me to do the womens' part: have kids, clean, sweep, take care of the house. The same go for guys to be the "man of the house", provide the main income for their family etc.

Yet, since we live in an Australian society, only a few of these ethnic cultural influences come into play. That doesn't mean that I have assimilated into the Australian society, just adopted some of the society's current expectations (ie. women can work and have a family, men can cook etc. etc.)

where you are introducing the concept of gender, then go straight into society's expection of this. before you mention why soc's views are important

views of gender through time is not really a cross-cultural comparison i don't think.

Another very important cross-cultural comparison is age. This kind of constitutes for gender over time (because you, if you haven't already, can ask the oldies about the gender expectations in their days therefore you have already covered gender over time and this covers the concept of time in your PIP)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)