• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Help (1 Viewer)

k8ie

HSC
hey guyz...
i need some major help...i have to answer this and provide some case studies and i have no idea bout it so PLEASE help!!

The question is outline the reasons why a business would aim to produce a standardised product when exporting globally rather than producing products for each individual market. evaluate the changes that have taken place in the global business environment that enable standardised products to be more successful...

any help would be great :)

Always

HSC
Convergence of global consumer tastes...? :confused:

B35tY

HSC
Well it is obviously cheaper for a business to make standardised products.

As for reasons why, Always is spot on.

As for case studies, i don't really know. Maybe Coke?

Always

HSC
^ Yes! Economies of scale, that's the phrase I was thinking of (but couldn't remember).

I'm not sure how to put this in correct 'business studies' terminology, but if a business needs to change its product in order to attract overseas markets then it really shouldn't be expanding overseas in the first place. Logically, global expansion would only occur if there was a market for such a product, thus the standardisation of products. Just a thought, I'm not sure how relevant it is to your question though.

Drag0nblade25

HSC
Ok guys, i got this same assesment and i am wondering if anyone knows some other alternatives to standardisation.

All help is very much appreciated.

k8ie

HSC
ther is really only one alternative to standardized products and thats differentiated products unlesss u want to get all technical and talk bout partial differentiation which i suppose u could use maccas as an example (products differentiated but branding and name and stuff standardised)...hope that helps...my asssignment on this is nearly done!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)